Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHY am I getting VERY annoying music alla sudden?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I agree, the S&W advertisement needs to be muted from the get go, with the option to listen or click on it as the user wishes. It has become so irritating I am considering staying off M4C for a little while until it gets fixed. ARFCOM doesnt even have this level of annoyance with the advertising.

This site is a great source for discussion, information, and networking, but this is going to end up driving some of the core knowledge away if there isnt some fix. I dont mind the advertisements, but the sound needs to be mute optional, and not restart each page or section navigated. M4C, please fix this.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Very annoying indeed.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That ad sucks...Auto-playing audio is bullshit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    That ad sucks...Auto-playing audio is bullshit.
    The worst part is that I bet if you could find out for sure you'd see that 90% of the membership surfs this site from work, where pop-up video and audio are most likely a definite no-no a'la the boss catching on to what you do at your desk.

Ever notice how the posts die down about 5 pm Eastern time? I don't think it's just my imagination. It dies down because people are leaving work and their forum surfing stops until the next day.

Pop-up ads with annoying audio and video could potentially cost this board some members.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I AM!
    I am too, and am still getting a short segment of this annoyance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    The worst part is that I bet if you could find out for sure you'd see that 90% of the membership surfs this site from work, where pop-up video and audio are most likely a definite no-no a'la the boss catching on to what you do at your desk.

Ever notice how the posts die down about 5 pm Eastern time? I don't think it's just my imagination. It dies down because people are leaving work and their forum surfing stops until the next day.

Pop-up ads with annoying audio and video could potentially cost this board some members.
    I surf at work, post MOSTLY, from home. Fortunately the audio hasn't been popping up on my phone which I use at work. Though I am in the small percentage I imagine who the boss wouldn't care. In fact he is one who comes to me with questions about guns so i am damn sure he wouldn't care, even more so with what others run on their phones at work, but point remains. Hell, I carry concealed at work and he doesn't get two shits. But, at home the audio is ****ing annoying, especailly since if I am surfing the forum I am also usually got a gun video playing on youtube in the background and it makes me do the, "What tab is that shit coming from?" clicky clicky thing as I search for the offender.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have gotten the sound before with a video ad somewhere on the page. But today, I got the sound from an ad that wasn't even visible on the page. It was the sound track from the Surefire youtube series. There was absolutely no Surefire ad visible on the page (New Posts page).

At this point, it's probably time to hear from a Mod in this thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    I just turn the volume off.
    boy that music sucks. I look at M4 carbine as a break at work while on boring conference calls. I can't mute the volume. These adds will reduce the time I spend on this site, which is counter productive. Advertising should not be used to drive users away.

Owners site, owners rules... But damn... this is a bad call from a user prospective.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Temporarily closed, pending further management discussion.

Until then, some food for thought: Since going live, M4C's content has been offered openly for free. It's able to do so because of advertiser and site sponsor revenue that keeps the lights on and bytes flowing. In various examples over the years, some ad content has quirks. To help with the current situation, most will find that their device has a volume or mute button of some sort that may work in their circumstance. (I have to mute mine as well.)

If you've otherwise enjoyed the free content and experience of M4C thus far, consider helping keep the place open by becoming a Site Sponsor. You'll find that information here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ip-Information

Thanks.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12