Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: all steel, full size gov't model 1911 for EDC

Feedback Score

all steel, full size gov't model 1911 for EDC

I have been an HK 45C LEM shooter for a long time - love the gun. But I just started carrying a stainless 1911, and now I am having second thoughts about plastic

this 1911 was built by Karl Sokol as a ground-up full custom, with a selection of the best possible parts for every component.

Caspian (slide and frame)
    Ed Brown (bushing, pins and spring kit)
    EGW (ejector, hammer, sear, strut and other ignition parts)
    Harrison Design (rear sight, beavertail safety and trigger)
    KKM (barrel)
    NightHawk (fully machined thumb safety and slide stop)
    Wilson (bulletproof titanium firing pin, bulletproof magazine release, guide rod and flat spring)

So, who else carries a heavy 1911 every day?

Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 6.50.34 PM.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maca1; 09-03-17 at 08:45.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I carry a full size Wilson CQB every day.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have carried an Ed Brown Executive Elite in a Milt Sparks Summer Special and did not find it objectionable or particularly difficult to conceal. I went the opposite way of you, OP, and now carry HK LEM pistols on and off duty.

Feedback Score
    Carry appendix with a steel 4in 1911. Its for sale along w all my other 45's ultra slim grips change the bulk COMPLETELY. also the morse industries carry clip makes it feel like its barely there. the bulk is what you notice more than weight, ditching a 2mm wide holster on each side makes it feel half as thick
    Last edited by GunsCarsBikesCigars; 09-03-17 at 12:03.
    www.instagram.com/GunsCarsBikesCigars

Sig Tango 6 FFL 5.56/7.62 moa 1-6x24 FOR SALE PM ME**

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Used to, back in the day. Mostly in a Sparks belt holster, later in a belt slide. Of late it's been a BHP in a (Bianchi Foldaway) belt slide. With a 15 round mag it weighs in at 39 ounces loaded. It's slimmer than a 1911 and I don't even notice it. Haven't put a 1911 in it but I expect it would be about the same.

The belt and holster combo are the key.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Am considering switching to my DW Valor. Not to hijack too much - but looking for a good holster for an all steel 1911.

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Many guns carry decently IWB but a 5 inch steel 1911 carries great. You know how when you grip a 1911 for the first time and realize that's how a pistol should feel in your hands? Same thing applies to 1911 IWB carry. It just feels right.

I carry a vetted Custom II in DeSantis leather with a 10 stick reload. The Remington Golden Sabres feed like butter even when riding the slide forward so they get the nod for my carry ammo.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I carry a custom Colt 70 series in .38 Super if I'm not carrying a P-35/HiPower.
    Winter time I carry the Super or a .45 ACP in an Alessi "Bodyguard " shoulder rig.
    It's easier to draw from heavy, layered clothing than IWB or OWB for me.

Feedback Score
    When I was working in law enforcement, my duty gun was a full size Nighthawk Custom Enforcer. Now that I'm retired, I still carry it occasionally, in the fall & winter..Even though I love Ol slab sides , she has pretty much been replaced by a high cap 9.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Used to, about a decade back. I had a small glitch for a time where I owned polymer guns but carried steel. Started with S&W 5906, went to 4506, 1006 the the slightly smaller 4566 the a 1911. Realized that it's much easier to carry a polymer. Have been carrying a G19 for about a decade now. Every once in a while I throw on a 1911 just to see what it was like. That lasts for like 5 min

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast