Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inflatable Boat recs?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Anyone have experience with Sea Eagles? They seem to have a lot of options in this matter.
    I have a sea eagle for fishing. 10’ long. Not big enough for OP but has gone three summers so far without being babied. I put a 3hp motor on it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I have a sea eagle for fishing. 10’ long. Not big enough for OP but has gone three summers so far without being babied. I put a 3hp motor on it.
    Thanks for your reply, figured they may be a viable albeit less expensive option than Zodiacs.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    multiple units would be fine/multiple boats instead of one big one
    If you can afford all that, have you considered a life boat/raft. Granted it has no power, but in that type rescue often what is needed is floatable transportation that could be pulled by ropes, etc.. It's possible an open lifeboat could even access somewhere a power boat can't.

Not only a lifeboat but in addition to other powered craft. ETA: they are cheap and all over ebay. I've seen them for $150 8-Man
    Last edited by tb-av; 11-13-17 at 17:19.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    An aluminum john boat is a hell of a lot more user-friendly and less maintenance-intensive than a Zodiac/RHIB. And cheaper. I would not buy an inflatable unless you also have enough people to train in maintenance and service and procedures.

Feedback Score
    Cajun Navy approved!

http://gator-tail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12