Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use Quadrails anymore?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Does anyone use Quadrails anymore?

Surfing around the webs I put down a impulse bid on a 13" Troy bravo quadrail and ended up winning with a bid of 56$. I feeling like I got a heck of a deal but I'm doubting my purchase a little bit. I feel like it will combo well with my PSA CHF 16" barrel with pinned gasblock that I plan on shaving down. Weight is no big deal as this gun doesn't serve a specific purpose that weight becomes a factor (mostly sits at the back door for yard security use). So chime in if you still rock the old school quadrail and feel free to post pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ISiman/oh View Post
    Surfing around the webs I put down a impulse bid on a 13" Troy bravo quadrail and ended up winning with a bid of 56$. I feeling like I got a heck of a deal but I'm doubting my purchase a little bit. I feel like it will combo well with my PSA CHF 16" barrel with pinned gasblock that I plan on shaving down. Weight is no big deal as this gun doesn't serve a specific purpose that weight becomes a factor (mostly sits at the back door for yard security use). So chime in if you still rock the old school quadrail and feel free to post pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I still run 2 quadrails...2 is a YHM Diamond and the other is a Hera. Love em both.

Feedback Score
    I have a Centurion Arms C4 Cutout Rail on my Colt. I really like it.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.mayberry68 View Post
    I still run 2 quadrails...2 is a YHM Diamond and the other is a Hera. Love em both.
    All the pics didn't come thru...here is some more.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd say you got a great deal. They may not be as slim and light as more modern hardware, but they still get the job done.

I still run a couple of DD Lite Rail 12.0s. One is on a 6.8 and the other's on a 308. I have no plans to change either of them.

My photos of them don't show the rails very well.
    Last edited by grizzman; 09-03-17 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    I have 3 DD Omega's. Two 7" and one 9" and a DD Lite 9". One of the Omega's is on an upper with a 16" Wilson fluted barrel. It shoots surprisingly well, 1/2-3/4 MOA. The Omega is pretty much a drop in that does free float. The DD Lite is on a BCM BFH 14.5" that shot a 5/8" group (5 rounds, Hornady 75 gr, Nightforce SHV 3-10). I run an Aimpoint Pro on it when not testing for accuracy. I like how they look and they feel good in my hand, but recently have been shooting a 14.5" Colt/BCM LW with a Keymod and Trijicon MRO. It's definitely lighter, but I'm not getting rid of the quad rail guns.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    All I use are quad rails. I see no reason not to use them. I have looked at all of these newer rails and I am not impressed. I have 12 ARs and of them I have one Keymod and one MLok. I will most likely ditch them and put a quad rail on them.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My go-to gun still wears a 12" DD RISII. However, it is in need of a new barrel, and I am cannibalizing it to build two guns. The RIS and some other parts are going on an SPR type build, the rest are going on my next version of go-to fighting carbine, which will have a Wedgelock or Geissele in MLOK. A lighter rail allows me to either have a lighter gun, or a heavier profile (or longer) barrel in the same weight gun.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Lots of LE agencies still use Picatinny quad rails.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Lots of LE agencies still use Picatinny quad rails.
    Yup. If we include duty weapons issued by Military or Law Enforcement organizations, quads are extremely common and still do their jobs well.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast