Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use Quadrails anymore?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have 1 rifle with keymod and 2 with quads.

I prefer the quads the feel better in my hands.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I love how the internet views everything in terms of obsolescence as soon as something better comes out. You'd think the 16" carbine gas platform wont even cycle from the type of shit you see online. Or that a 300 lumen WML is trash because there's a 500 lumen version out. Or the 4 MOA T1s can't hit anything now that the 2 MOAs are out...

Like, shit doesn't wear out just because it's not last night's tech. What do you care what everyone else is using? Why are you "doubting a $56 quad rail purchase a little bit"? It surely isn't because the rail failed you or there being some inherent weakness. Are folks that insecure about using rails (believe me - this is not the first thread of this nature) because all the cool kids are using MLOK? It's ok to say yes. Damn near everyone on the internet is.

Give me a stock 6920 with plastic hand guards and iron sights. I'll outgun 90% of the internet with it.

That's what people should care about - "hey my skinny drill time is .7 seconds slower than the guy next to me I train with. How do I get faster?" It sure has nothing to do with your hand guard
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-04-17 at 07:14.

Feedback Score
    "Does anyone use Qaudrails anymore?"

I do. I was at the range on Saturday and decided to run my DD V5, and my BCM A4 clone. I still think that my DD is probably the one I'd pick up in a fight. I was constantly looking to replace the quadrail for something else and have my mind settled on a 13" Mk 8 from Geissele, but after my 4 rifle ( I call her "Hillary") with a Midwest G3, I've sort of lost my push to replace my DD quadrail. It works, it is very light for a quad and its decently comfortable.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Howdy,

I firmly believe the Gucci rails were a solution in search of a problem.

HTH.

Feedback Score
    I started off with quad rails and built a few rifles with them--mostly look-a-likes of various service rifles. I have switched to MLOK on my newer build, but the funny part is I always end up mounting a roil section for attachments. M1913 is still the standard. In fact, my most recent build reused a Hera rail I had laying around.

I'm planning a couple of bolt gun builds and will use rail sections for the bipod mounts because I don't see the need to buy a new Atlas for every rifle.

Use what you like and don't worry about fashion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Euro was pretty spot on. Things don't become immediately obsolete when the new hotness comes out. Unless you have a specific reason to doubt your purchase, lint it and rock it until you realize or find out you want/need something different.

I have one AR with an MLOK (ALG EMR--lightweight choice for my wife's AR) one BCM KMR (original--lightweight choice for my SBR before MLOK was out) and several quads. While I like the lightweight of the ALG and BCM, they get hot wicked fast compared to my KAC or LMT quads. The quads feel more substantial and I don't have to worry about KMR nuts or MLOK nuts or wicked expensive MLOK QD mounts. While the MLOK and KMR have a use for me, lightweight options, I prefer the quads for the above listed reasons.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I still use them for sure! They are tried and true, and all accessories mount to 1913 rails. My biggest gripe right now, is that all of the quad rails I like are no longer in production...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have never used a quad rail on any of my ARs. I don't like their feel and don't want the added weight, girth or cost of rail covers. I don't need or want all that rail estate. MLock isn't a fad. MLock is simply cooling vents of universally accepted dimensions
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have two BCM builds that are rocking quad rails. One a 9 inch DD Omega, the other a 12 inch Larue. They work, they get the job done, and most attachments are going to be easy to mount.

Not really against keymod or Mlock just not convinced they are going to be the future. Not when pic rail is still pretty much standard on top of the damn things. That said, am considering one of the BCM Mlok rails, as well as a BCM quad. Of course that Mlok rail is likely going to be for a rather specific build, one more towards lightweight than other previous builds, or at least Light weight as a major consideration.

Also, on the side note, as Euto pointed out the handguard is a lot lesser concern than most seem to think. I have an old beat up Bush that has no rails, just standard single heat shield handguard, and a carry handle iron which I can generally outshoot all the other guys at the range with their ARs with scopes, rds, rails, tubes, lasers, and all the other shit.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Of all my rifles/uppers I still use quad rails (Centurion) for anything I use for duty or "hard use." I just personally feel they are more robust and the attachment of lights or other hardware is much sturdier. The downside is a small premium in weight which again, for me, is acceptable. I tend to use my Keymod uppers for gaming or training.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast