Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use Quadrails anymore?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Still running a KAC M4 RAS on my Colt 6933 work rifle. Have had random desires throughout the years to build an upper with an extended modern rail but I always back away and realize that my current setup has been uber reliable going on a decade and will continue be the rest of my career.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    recently acquiring an MRP, man it feels good to be back. Classy piece, although the KMR is nice as well.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have a RIS II no my SBR and very much appreciate it. Many LE still do and I know of one unit getting ready to acquire all new URGs with RIS II rails.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Several RIS II and I doubt I will ever change... I'm used to them.

Feedback Score
    Centurion, Larue, KAC, DD, etc. all make solid pic rails. No need to change what is not broken.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    I assume a KAC RAS II free float rail will work unmodified with a Colt 9mm upper ?

Feedback Score
    Bought parts for a 10.5" suppressed SBR earlier this year with Noveske CQB quad rails. I was away from the shooting scene for a number of years and then jumped back in before really understanding what M-Lok and Kmod were all about, so I went with what I knew, which was a quad rail type setup.

Just got my tax stamps in and put a few hundred rounds through it. Loving it so far! It's admittedly a little weighty up front with the can attached, but not at all unwieldy. After further research I had a brief moment of considering replacing my Noveske rails with M-Lok, mostly just because of the supposed weight savings, but that's both silly and impractical as I have a barrel with the switchblock for the suppressor, and I don't see any M-Lok rails with a cutout for a switchblock. My plan is to just relax and shoot this one like crazy, and wait until either the next build or barrel replacement time to try out the popular new rail types.
    Last edited by Severian; 09-09-17 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    This is an excellent thread and interesting subject.

My LE duty/patrol rifle (SIG) is rocking an agency purchased quad rail with a Holosun optic (which is much better than I expected).
    My personal rifles:
    1) brand new Midwest Industries 15" M-lok which replaced a Midwest Industries 12" with proprietary rails
    2) 20" rifle with 15" Midwest Industries proprietary rails
    3) 16" Advanced Armament with 12" Advanced Armament proprietary rails
    4) Bolt gun with Key Mod which I really dislike, but won't replace since the couple things I want on it are there.
    I probably would not purchase a quad rail again, but my duty rifle with rail covers is just fine. The minimal weight is not noticeable because of all the other crap I am carrying when I am toting that bitch too. If I grab the shotty it's even worse.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    recently acquiring an MRP, man it feels good to be back. Classy piece, although the KMR is nice as well.
    Rifle length or Carbine?

A Rifle length has been on my radar for...yeesh 9 yeahs now. Just never got around to it.

Some might say the barrel change is "gimmicky" but I'm thinking one piece upper and a stainless barrel that will never be changed.

I have an LMT rifle and got kinda manic/depressive with handguards when what I really wanted (and should have gotten) was the MRP upper.

I just want an honest, robust LMT.

Feedback Score
    I run Centurion, KAC, and SF quads....I still think quads are sexy.
    "Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber projectile ".

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast