Thread: 700 AAC-SD 6.5 creedmor

Feedback Score

700 AAC-SD 6.5 creedmor

Just curious as too what everyone thinks of this set up. I got a 700p in .308 and thinkin about swapping it out for the 6.5 creedmor just lookin too do something different. Any input appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I didn't realize the AAC-SD is offered in 6.5 Creedmoor. I guess they've pretty much given up on the 260 Remington.

With the shorter barrel and lower attainable velocities, the more ballistically efficient 6.5 makes a lot of sense.

Are you considering swapping your barrel, or replacing the rifle? My first questions are.....how well does your 308 shoot, and how close is the barrel to retirement?

Feedback Score
    I was thinkin about replacing the rifle. The barrel only has about 500 rounds through it and it's a good shooting gun I'm just lookin for something different. I've got a friend who will buy the rifle but I don't have any experience with the 6.5 but from what I've read it's got me interested in it.

• Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's helpful that you've got a good buyer for the 700P if you decide to change.

The AAC-SD's stock generally doesn't get a lot of respect, so your 700P may be better in that regard. If you plan to replace the stock, this is unimportant.

The AAC-SD will also come with an X-Mark Pro trigger, which again is likely inferior to what came in your 700P if it's more than a few years old. I bought two rifles with the X-Mark Pro, and while they were creep-free and crisp, they wouldn't adjust to below 5.5 pounds. They both received Timneys.

The 20" barrel length is quite handy, especially compared to a 26" tube. If you don't plan to engage targets at greater than 1000 yards, the 20" tube will deliver ample velocity.

The short, thick barrel seems to have stiffness as a positive attribute.
    Last edited by grizzman; 09-03-17 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    The stock for sure will have too go. Id most likely replace it with a m40 style with the high comb. The trigger for sure will get changed with what I'm not sure I like a little stiffer trigger but the 700p has the 40x and it's crisp and nice imo.

600 yards is what I most often shoot at and the .308 is fine for it but like I said toying with something new for a change is all I'm after.

• Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you have any interest in running a can, the AAC-SD would be a good platform for it.

Change is good.

Your inbox is full.
    Last edited by grizzman; 09-04-17 at 00:13.

Feedback Score
    A can would be fun to run eventually but not a necessity. I figured I'd either go this route or chop the barrel on mine too a 24

• Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9