Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just got my LaRue "Iron Dot" for T&E **UPDATED REVIEW AFTER USE***

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    With a regular ak you make all your adjustments with the front sight. The elevation at the rear just has to do with the needed elevation for various ranges. At least that's they way I understood it.
    Right, and I'm saying that's a less than ideal setup. I like the front being centered between the ears as I feel it makes sight pickup easier and faster.

AK nuts already have this option available to them if they can find an RPK rear leaf. They're damn hard to get though, I haven't gotten one in 2 years of looking.

I'm not claiming to know a lot about guns in general or AKs in particular, but I know what enhancements I want to have in an AK. A windage adjustable rear sight, regardless of optic setup, is one of them. Blending a Bo-Mar style rear blade to this setup seems like an ideal solution to me. Hopefully, for folks like me, the next iteration of this sight will have a built-in Micro mount AND an adjustable blade.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    They pop up every now and then.

Windage Adjustable Rear Iron Sight for AK47s and RPKs, SOLD $55 with FREE shipping to the mainland USA

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Cameron, can you get a top down picture for me?

I'm thinking about picking one of these up for my SLR-105 but I want to see how it mounts and I'm curious about how it will hold up in foul whether.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Cameron, can you get a top down picture for me?

I'm thinking about picking one of these up for my SLR-105 but I want to see how it mounts and I'm curious about how it will hold up in foul whether.
    The Iron Dot base replaces the factory rear sight. Simply remove the old rear sight and install the new Iron Dot base. There are a couple of magnets on the iron dot base that help hold it down on the top cover. The new rear sight blade that comes with the iron dot helps in this regard also. The Burris sight itself mounts to the Iron Dot base with a couple of screws and pins.

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Distinguished Rifleman #1558
    President's Hundred

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks frbowers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123