Thread: SCAR 17 extended rail

Feedback Score

SCAR 17 extended rail

Thinking of replacing the KDG with something like the Midwest industries socom with MLOK or the parker mountain machine MLOK rail extension.

Any experience with any of the latter? I like the way the MLOK side rails are flush with the extended rails on the MI and the PMM vs having to screw them in on the KDG.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have the MI M-Lok SOCOM. Great piece of kit, I am happy with it.

Personally I had no use for the front buis, but wanted more rail length. I also bought the railed version MI Socom and decided to go Mlok after comparing them.

My only gripe is a subjective cosmetic one. I don't like how MI machine the little notches between Mlok or keymod holes. It's their little signature thing, I think it's ugly. It hasn't effected my useage negatively.

I use I quality LPV optic in a bolted on mount. The buis were no use to me so I removed them. If this type of rail is what you want I would hesitate. The installation is 100% revesable and the kit isn't the most expensive thing. It's worth at least checking out.

Edit to add. I realize now you have the 'ssr' and not socom. I still most of my statement will apply to your inquiry
    Last edited by TMS951; 09-07-17 at 11:35.

Feedback Score
    I see what you are saying. Almost scalloped. I'm really debating this or keeping the kinetic development group rail. I'm probably selling the scar 17 off anyways for a 16, but if I go the hand rail route again, I want to try something new

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I'm looking to replace the rails on my SCAR with the PMM Mloks. I don't want more length, just a slimmer profile.

Feedback Score
    I've tried just about everything, & prefer Jarod's stuff over all else.
    PMM all the way! I'll post a pic ASAP.
    Damon

"Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives." -- John Adams