Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEO Training and tactics.

Feedback Score
    If you're looking for team-oriented training, you could look at MVT up in West Virginia. I went to his team tactics course last month and found it very well put together. There were a couple LEO in my class, as well as .gov contractors who do work overseas. If you went to it with a group that was actually going to be working together, there would be obvious benefits.

Edit: I should clarify that this course is more of a "light infantry" tactics course. I'm former .mil, not LE, and I don't have much insight into what you might be looking for in LEO training. I'm sure the guys in the private LE forum could hook you up, though.
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 11-24-17 at 19:34.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Thing is when you get to be an instructor, will the agency step up behind you and support your ideas? Increased training comes with more overtime paid, more training and qualification ammo, and a lack of interest from a lot of the "old hands" who are set in their ways. Been there, done that. Unless the agency steps up, you'll be beating your head against the wall

Feedback Score
    Id caution you.. remember, anything you officially teach your guys you will be responsible for... as in a use of force situation... try to not get sued

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Try to start a network of instructors in your area. I did that tears ago, found most didn't care, but did find few to train with that had a broad range of experience to tap from.
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    Arik Levy's podcast Firearms Nation is geared to training and he was a LEO trainer in Broward County for 6 years.
    The podcasts are all active trainers mil and LEO.
    That's interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12