Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water protection for sensitive documents and photos

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Even in my big safe which has a Palusol door seal I keep all documents in good old Ziploc brand bags in various sizes. Everything in our BOBs get put in a Ziploc brand bag, etc. They even make a bag that has 20 gallon volume. I'd put anything paper or other media just as thumb drives, CD's, etc. in a Ziploc then store in a bucket/Stormcase/etc. just for redundancy.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Double Zip Lock bags and then store your documents inside your dishwasher.
    They are waterproof both ways.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Good call. I suppose one of the newer style front load washing machines as well.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Can't see that. Water goes in through a hose from a water source, that water is displacing air in the dishwasher. Air has to get out somehow.

Water gets pumped out of dishwasher. Air has to go back in or the door would be placed on a vacuum.

May work for a few inches on door, but I think it would fill up if water got to the top of it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Can't see that. Water goes in through a hose from a water source, that water is displacing air in the dishwasher. Air has to get out somehow.

Water gets pumped out of dishwasher. Air has to go back in or the door would be placed on a vacuum.

May work for a few inches on door, but I think it would fill up if water got to the top of it.
    If it is disconnected and sitting unused maybe. If it is connected I would think the motor or pump of the unit pulls or pushes the air and water in and out? I am NOT the Maytag man, just thinking about your point.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Think about it.
    When you unlock the door after you do a load of dishes, what do you feel and hear?
    That's the vacuum seal that's making that little proof of air as you unlock and the hesitation as you open the door is the rest of the seal opening.
    If the pump could run backwards (I'm sure it can't) what would happen when the sewer line backs up?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Think about it.
    When you unlock the door after you do a load of dishes, what do you feel and hear?
    That's the vacuum seal that's making that little proof of air as you unlock and the hesitation as you open the door is the rest of the seal opening.
    If the pump could run backwards (I'm sure it can't) what would happen when the sewer line backs up?
    With that rational I should then have 50-65psi inside the dishwasher because that is my water pressure entering it. It I were to place even 50psi on that door from the inside that would be about 36,000pounds of force on the door. I just can't see the dishwasher being air tight. I could see steam/water vapor come out of the vents at the top of mine in my old house. I will agree to disagree, but my stance is that a dishwasher is not an acceptable storage unit for flood waters.

Feedback Score
    Try looking into Sealline nimbus dry sack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12