Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Millennial Voters Offer Greatest Opposition to ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Millennial Voters Offer Greatest Opposition to ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm..._medium=social

As much crap as many give millennials, I have to say this bodes well for the future of the 2nd amendment. I am 35, most people I know in my age group seem to get it, even those who don't own firearms. I've let many shoot my rifles, pretty much all seemed to enjoy shooting them, a few even bought their own AR's. Of course I also know a few who are rabidly anti-2a, they tend to be the same who are far left on all issues and abortion tends to be the sacrament to their leftist religion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Son came to visit Saturday morning and during various conversations he expressed the very things this article discusses.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am 25.

A millennial by definition, but not a coddled liberal college brainwashed millennial.

Big difference nowadays.

ETA: While I think Video Games may have an impact for some, I don't think that is a main driver. And really limits the scope of the generational thought patterns. Don't get me wrong, maybe it desensitized some, but I think a lot of the generation 18-35 is waking up to what's going on a little more every day.

Maybe, what the hell do I know? Haha.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 11-21-17 at 09:20.

Feedback Score
    I think we will see millennials drive the right away from social conservatism and towards libertarianism so this doesn’t surprise me

Feedback Score
    Our generation gets a bad rap due to a few loud people who are always on TV.

I honestly believe the vast majority of a millennials are conservative(libertarian). It’s likely why Trump got elected, though the news will have you believe we stayed home- almost everyone I know voted. No one I know voted for Hillarity (Hitlery... er- Hillary).

I actually know more people who voted for Johnson.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-21-17 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As part of the millennial generation, I feel most is us are libertarian (even if a lot don’t know it, or don’t know the meaning of “libertarianism”).

I honestly can’t comprehend how libertarian isnt a bigger party in our nation.

Any time I find someone who is in favor of an AWB I normally show them pictures of the various models of Mini14s and ask them which should be banned, they normally point to the tactical model, I ask why, then point out their ignorance while educating them in the differences of the tactical model vs Ranch model. That normally works pretty quick to see how stupid an AWB is.

Feedback Score
    I've seen a few things about millennials being more pro-gun then a generation or two before them (don't know if I said that correctly). Hopefully they stay that way.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The baby boomer generation was the worst thing that happened to America.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I tell that to my dad all the time. He counters with "I produced you and you're alright." He agrees, though.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I agree, but there are certainly exceptions in any generation.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast