Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Bikes

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

E-Bikes

Just ordered a Rad Rover e-bike which gets great reviews and looks like a ton O fun. Will do a short review once I get to try it out. E bikes in general are becoming very popular for easy to see reasons. My Trek bicycle cost more than this thing, so if it's all it appears to be and the rave reviews true, it's a bargain I'd say.

https://www.radpowerbikes.com/produc...ant=1121017969

Another than gets good reviews is the Sonders which has more models and lower prices:

https://sondors.com/

Anyone have experience with a purpose built e bike?
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-06-17 at 11:17.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have seen these. I think that this has a lot of benefit of utilization in many utility and recreational roles.

I had seen a company like Rad still on Kickstarter years back, but the concept was epic.

Then one of my favorite youtubers got an electric bike, as sponsership of course, and the thing just looks epic to cruise offroad with, and even smoother just motorcycling your way around town.

Nonetheless, excited to see your honest review.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    I have seen these. I think that this has a lot of benefit of utilization in many utility and recreational roles.

I had seen a company like Rad still on Kickstarter years back, but the concept was epic.

Then one of my favorite youtubers got an electric bike, as sponsership of course, and the thing just looks epic to cruise offroad with, and even smoother just motorcycling your way around town.

Nonetheless, excited to see your honest review.
    As you said, there's a lot of potential benefits to these dedicated e bikes, from allowing people with shot knees to enjoy biking again, to short commutes where you don't wanna be sweaty when you arrive, to off road stuff (gotta try it on the beach!), to recreational stuff one used to kneed a dirt bike for, etc. Im not an early adopter of tech/beta tester type as rule, and watched Sonders from it's first launch. Have now spoken to people with many miles on their Sonders and or Rad, and all report being very happy with them and no major issues of note. The Rad is a tad more $, but looks like a lot more bike, so I went that route.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    There's a comparable bike that's been around Sportsman's Warehouse locally. I think it is marketed as a back country person mover capable of carrying some gear. I ride a Surly fatbike which can be fitted with racks, panniers, etc, and it can be loaded with a weekend's worth of camping gear no problem. I know people are attaching electric motors to them. A local guy started a custom e bike company that seems to be gaining some traction. An e bike would be a cool city scooter for commuting that can serve double duty off road for trail cycling. Much better IMO than the noisy gas powered hipster movers that pollute the air.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is a few out west that are using them for hunting, helps to cover a lot of ground and is able to carry some gear. Neat idea if you have a lot of miles to cover when scouting and super quiet.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGUGLY View Post
    There is a few out west that are using them for hunting, helps to cover a lot of ground and is able to carry some gear. Neat idea if you have a lot of miles to cover when scouting and super quiet.
    Especially once you got that Elk Quartered and need to haul off some sets of meat. So long as it has a good range, and can carry well, more power to them.

Thanks for your response, Will. I cringed when I realized I used the "e-word" twice though.

I am way to much of a millennial for my own comfort.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like this will make a lot of sense for you, plus be just plain ol' fun getting back onto a bike

I've been thinking about getting an electric skate board ... my balance is still great, but too much wear & tear on my hips make walking distances uncomfortable/pain

Enjoy!
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Sounds like this will make a lot of sense for you, plus be just plain ol' fun getting back onto a bike

I've been thinking about getting an electric skate board ... my balance is still great, but too much wear & tear on my hips make walking distances uncomfortable/pain

Enjoy!
    As much as I dislike them, Boostit boards really are one of the forefront runners of the e-boards.

They look fun, but I hear the battery is only so-so.

Nonetheless, for walking distances, should make it a lot more fun and enjoyable without all the rotation to pump the board forward.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    As much as I dislike them, Boostit boards really are one of the forefront runners of the e-boards.

They look fun, but I hear the battery is only so-so.

Nonetheless, for walking distances, should make it a lot more fun and enjoyable without all the rotation to pump the board forward.
    I checked that one out also, things are pretty new/in development with all of them

This is the one I'm watching to see how it goes. Threw in a little money for them via Kickstarter https://www.louboard.com/
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm liking that Radmini, love the way it folds up into a compact package.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast