Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Comp M5

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes. As I understand it the M5 was developed at the request of groups who operate OCONUS where 2032 batteries aren't common.

The M5 uses existing T1 format mounts so that's a win. It also has a reinforced front lens that makes the optic more resistant to severe impact. That's a win. AAA batteries are cheap and Aimpoint is still saying you get the 5 year lifespan. Another win.

I would prefer some type of "S" version too but can easily live with the 2:00 battery if the optic lives up to the claims.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    they've popped up on opticsplanet, to ship in 2 or 3 weeks. considering pulling the trigger on one, so to speak, just wary of that time estimate as I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else online yet...
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Scalarworks just sent out emails about their package deal with a mount @ $849.

Wish I had the cash laying around but I don't, and not sure I could justify these at that price point.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not my photo but it helps show the overall size of the M5.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yes. As I understand it the M5 was developed at the request of groups who operate OCONUS where 2032 batteries aren't common.

The M5 uses existing T1 format mounts so that's a win. It also has a reinforced front lens that makes the optic more resistant to severe impact. That's a win. AAA batteries are cheap and Aimpoint is still saying you get the 5 year lifespan. Another win.

I would prefer some type of "S" version too but can easily live with the 2:00 battery if the optic lives up to the claims.

I'm sorry but to me that seems like a really really odd reason to develop an entirely new product. I don't have experience with the T series aim points, but my Comp M4 had batteries last my ENTIRE ENLISTMENT. With reliability like that I almost don't even care if the batteries are user serviceable. I really didn't think changing the 2032 out before getting on the plane, or even throughing a handful in the A-bag was a deal breaker.

Sometimes insitu resource acquisition can be taken too far.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I'm sorry but to me that seems like a really really odd reason to develop an entirely new product. I don't have experience with the T series aim points, but my Comp M4 had batteries last my ENTIRE ENLISTMENT. With reliability like that I almost don't even care if the batteries are user serviceable. I really didn't think changing the 2032 out before getting on the plane, or even throughing a handful in the A-bag was a deal breaker.

DoS facilities source a lot of materials locally.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is anyone worried about the battery leakage that seems to be increasing common with AA and AAA batteries?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is anyone worried about the battery leakage that seems to be increasing common with AA and AAA batteries?
    Not a problem if you're using lithium AAA like the Energizer Ultimate.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

As you know shit happens. I had a H1 years ago and has issues with the battery dying quickly. I think it was set a little too high and the cold killing the battery. Both of those are on me. Being able to change batteries would have been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Not my photo but it helps show the overall size of the M5.

Those photos are helpful. I hope I see a bunch of T1's on the EE when folks jump to buy the new ones and dump the old ones.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast