Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Comp M5

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does anyone have any time behind the gun with this optic? Im looking at changing out my Leupold LCO for one of these. Regulations don't allow me to run a T2/H2, but with this falling under the "comp" series I'm good to go, but Im looking for some feedback.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campion View Post
    Does anyone have any time behind the gun with this optic? Im looking at changing out my Leupold LCO for one of these. Regulations don't allow me to run a T2/H2, but with this falling under the "comp" series I'm good to go, but Im looking for some feedback.

Thanks
    Why switch? What don't you like about the LCO?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Really, only draw back is the size and weight. Id like the ability to run a 3x magnifer the LCO doesnt really allow for that.

Feedback Score
    Put a DEVO behind it. Like a magnifier but a lot better.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have one on a Scalarworks mount I had been using with a T-1. The Comp M5 is perfect for me on a carbine. Micro size, Comp features, lightweight, better brightness control than a Micro, commonly used battery. I have 3x magnifier I used with a CompM3 - might try the 6x when Scalarworks releases their flip to side magnifier mount...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    All things being equal - are these better than a T2?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I haven't tried a T2. The CompM5 has similar upgrades, like lens caps and heli-coils in the mounting holes to avoid stripping. The major difference with the T-2 is the battery type and dot brightness control. For a carbine, the M5 is ideal. For something smaller, the T2 may be a better option.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I want one. Looking like it will be my go to red dot. I also like that they work with existing micro t series mounts (I believe). What are the prices on these in comparison to T1/T2?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Left Sig View Post
    I haven't tried a T2. The CompM5 has similar upgrades, like lens caps and heli-coils in the mounting holes to avoid stripping. The major difference with the T-2 is the battery type and dot brightness control. For a carbine, the M5 is ideal. For something smaller, the T2 may be a better option.
    I was searching for this in particular in this thread. I wanted to know if it had the new and improved T2 coating on the lens, as well as a more "clear" and not bluish tint like my T1 has. I am very interested in the M5.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I believe the CompM5 has all of the improvements of the T-2. It does appear to have less blue tint than my T-1's.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast