Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Comp M5

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I really want to try the CompM5 on the KAC 1.93" mount combo, it is probably a winner for the NVG dudes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone have any rounds or time with this optic, looking for some reviews but haven't been able to find any.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campion View Post
    Anyone have any rounds or time with this optic, looking for some reviews but haven't been able to find any.
    I know that GarandThumb is working on a review of one for Youtube, and there are a few other gun guys on there that are testing them also. We should see something soon I think.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just bought another M5 in a bundle with a mount, and on this one the brightness knob is very tight and hard to turn. My first M5 is "normal" compared to the CompM3 I have. I called Aimpoint and rather than return or exchange it to the vendor, they said to send it in because they want to see what's wrong, and will send me a replacement on receipt of the "bad" one. At least I know I will get one that should be "better" and not luck of the draw.

The Aimpoint service guy told me the M5 is 7075 aluminum instead 6061 like on the T1/T2. So now the mounting holes can handle 12 in-lb with no heli-coil insert and you can also use loctite. The T2 has heli-coils to prevent the thread stripping common to the T1 but can't use loctite. Based on the stronger aluminum, and other updates, I think the M5 is better than the T2 for carbines.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Who has these available for sale

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Midway USA has some in stock with factory low mount. Scalarworks has bundles in stock if you want lower 1/3 co-witteness,

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Thanks.
    OP Tactical has them in stock for $797.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Scalarworks has them with a skeletonized mount.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Scalarworks has them with a skeletonized mount.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I might be in the minority but I just don't care for the look of the Scalarworks mounts. And as we know, looking cool is all that matters
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast