Thread: Benelli shotgun longevity

Feedback Score

Benelli shotgun longevity

Regarding shotguns such as the Benelli M1 Super 90 and M2, how many rounds can they go in their lifetime? Is the inertia system more (or less) durable than a gas-operated gun?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    kurtm on Brian Enos's forum has over half a million rounds through his M2, with some part replacements along the way.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm no where close to that with my M2, but a issue I've heard online is if you're hunting in wet conditions the recoil spring tube collecting water & causing the spring to rust.

There aren't a ton of parts that go into a M1/M2, just a few springs. No gas seals etc to get lubed or go bad.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I currently run an M2 in 3 gun, and also have a H&K marked M1. The M1 is a Police Dept trade in. Both have been insanely reliable. In 3 gun, it's not unusual to shoot 15-20 rounds a stage. For 5-6 stages. That's not much volume, but I can assure you, it's FAST, and guns get very hot. I know guys that shoot like this 2x a month for years with the same gun. I've run mine hard this year. Finished 18th in Tac Ops at the Safariland 3Gun shoot. This match was in July, in Las Vegas. The shotguns were literally smoking hot. I didn't have a single shotgun failure.

The Benelli's are king of 3gun for a reason. They run well, and practically forever.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a HK M1 S90 with thousands of rounds through it and the BCG doesn't even look worn. I'm aware of Kurt Miller's claims.....I believe them.