Thread: Replacement butt pad for Ruger rifles that's NOT curved...???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Replacement butt pad for Ruger rifles that's NOT curved...???

I detest the slick slippery plastic curved butt plate found on many Ruger rifles. I am looking for replacements. However all that I have seen still have that awful curve to them.

Any ideas?

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you referring to the 10/22? Or just Ruger rifles in general? Perhaps it don't matter, if just disliking the buttstock as it is.

The first thought that popped into my head, and this might be more than you are looking for, and if so I am sorry, it is late and my ass is tired, and my braining is running at mach 2.834004. Anyway, you could look to see if someone like Kick eez has a buttplate that will fit the curve and then grind it to fit. Alternately if you really don't care, you could cut the stock flat and install a buttplate of your choosing as far as thickness from someplace like Kickeez again grinding it to fit. At least that was my first thought in my usual desire to over complicate shit.

Or you could google rubber buttplate for 10/22 , mini 14 and get this! https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...d-rubber-black

I hope that helps, have a good night, I think I am going to pass out into my keyboard.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink