Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Glock 19 sized pistol coming out

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Was finally able to shoot one today......Wow, is all I have to say right now. I did not have high expectation for it due to my previous exploits with the 1st Gen guns, but I am speechless. I have dabbled in multiple platforms as on and off duty guns for several years. For one reason or another I always seem to find myself going back to my old standby the G19. I genuinely believe S&W has hit the nail right on the head this time.

I gravitate to mid size or compact sized guns, think G19 sized pistols, as I typically carry off duty what I carry on duty. For me it is easier to use the same platform for both, as I can become extremely efficient with it and not have to go back and forth. I know I know, you can carry a 17 on duty and a 26 off, but why?. They are both glocks, but both have different characteristics. I like to remove all the variables I can. I can run the hell out of it during training, and know what I can do with that particular weapon. I don't have to worry about advantages or limitations dependent on which size I am carrying at that time, same same.

Anyway now I finally have something exactly the same size as my fallback platform. I can run a glock just fine, but the M&P 2.0 Compact is a different animal all together. It was stupid easy to make a zones hits extremely fast, even more so than I can with my G19. There was no learning curve on the trigger with the M&P. It's not great, nor is it horrible. It is a good solid workable combat trigger. I would of course prefer it not being hinged, but Apex will fix that for me later down the road. The trigger just works and works well if you go into know what it is, and not expecting more.

Further testing on my part is required, but as soon as I shot it, I called and ordered one, and a set of sights for it. I will have it tomorrow, and Thursday it will spend all day at the range to the tune of around 500 plus rounds. We have training that day, and it will be run right from the box, without cleaning. If it holds up without issues, It will enter into my duty rotation. My 5th Gen G19 went 600 rounds the first week straight from the box before it was cleaned. The M&P should be able to do the same. My past M&P's were able to do it, this one shouldn't be any different.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-25-17 at 15:17.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here are some Pics comparing the size differences between the new S&W M&P compact, the Gen 5 G19 and the CZ P-10c pistols and their magazines. * If * the accuracy, functional reliabilty and long term durability prove to be there with the new M&P compact, it will be another excellent option for those looking for a G19 sized pistol. The trigger on mine really needs nothing out of the box, but a flat faced Apex trigger shoe like Texaspoff mentioned above would make it feel better to *me*. Also, the trigger on the M&P breaks approx 1/8" farther back than on the other two pistols . The barrel fit on mine is excelent , very tight with zero play anywhere. The 2.0 pistols also have a detent that bears on the slide release to make it much harder for the slide to auto forward when doing a hard mag insertion, but it also makes the slide release a little harder to operate. The spring can be modified somewhat though to suit your preference if needed.

Last edited by Biggy; 09-26-17 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick07 View Post
    Two listings on GB are $425.00 plus $20 shipping and no CC fees. That's better than the LE price, although it doesn't come with three mags. Damn, I just bought a G17 Gen5 a couple weeks ago.
    S&Ws rebate runs through end of the month and includes 2.0c’s. 2 extra mags, some kinda ammo. So for those prices you really get 4 mags. Not a bad deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Was finally able to shoot one today......Wow, is all I have to say right now. I did not have high expectation for it due to my previous exploits with the 1st Gen guns, but I am speechless. I have dabbled in multiple platforms as on and off duty guns for several years. For one reason or another I always seem to find myself going back to my old standby the G19. I genuinely believe S&W has hit the nail right on the head this time.

I gravitate to mid size or compact sized guns, think G19 sized pistols, as I typically carry off duty what I carry on duty. For me it is easier to use the same platform for both, as I can become extremely efficient with it and not have to go back and forth. I know I know, you can carry a 17 on duty and a 26 off, but why?. They are both glocks, but both have different characteristics. I like to remove all the variables I can. I can run the hell out of it during training, and know what I can do with that particular weapon. I don't have to worry about advantages or limitations dependent on which size I am carrying at that time, same same.

Anyway now I finally have something exactly the same size as my fallback platform. I can run a glock just fine, but the M&P 2.0 Compact is a different animal all together. It was stupid easy to make a zones hits extremely fast, even more so than I can with my G19. There was no learning curve on the trigger with the M&P. It's not great, nor is it horrible. It is a good solid workable combat trigger. I would of course prefer it not being hinged, but Apex will fix that for me later down the road. The trigger just works and works well if you go into know what it is, and not expecting more.

Further testing on my part is required, but as soon as I shot it, I called and ordered one, and a set of sights for it. I will have it tomorrow, and Thursday it will spend all day at the range to the tune of around 500 plus rounds. We have training that day, and it will be run right from the box, without cleaning. If it holds up without issues, It will enter into my duty rotation. My 5th Gen G19 went 600 rounds the first week straight from the box before it was cleaned. The M&P should be able to do the same. My past M&P's were able to do it, this one shouldn't be any different.

TXPO
    I am interested in your findings. I seem to agree with you on pistols so I would like to see where you land on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Here are some Pics comparing the size differences between the new S&W M&P compact, the Gen 5 G19 and the CZ P-10c pistols and their magazines. * If * the accuracy, functional reliabilty and long term durability prove to be there with the new M&P compact, it will be another excellent option for those looking for a G19 sized pistol. The trigger on mine really needs nothing out of the box, but a flat faced Apex trigger shoe like Texaspoff mentioned above would make it feel better to *me*. Also, the trigger on the M&P breaks approx 1/8" farther back than on the other two pistols . The barrel fit on mine is excelent , very tight with zero play anywhere. The 2.0 pistols also have a detent that bears on the slide release to make it much harder for the slide to auto forward when doing a hard mag insertion, but it also makes the slide release a little harder to operate. The spring can be modified somewhat though to suit your preference if needed.
    Thank you! Exactly the comparisons I was looking into.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post

TXPO
    If you haven't yet, hope you shoot some 25 yard groups and report back.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I picked mine up today. Anyone else find the texture is too rough? There's only one finger that I think its too rough for, and that's the first knuckle on my middle finger. I am thinking of taking a bit of sand paper to that specific area to calm my skin down a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Picked mine up today as well.

I like the extremely rough texture, but that is just a personal thing.

My only complaint is the same I have about all of them. I just hate the amount of take up in the trigger before it breaks. I really wish we had a Forward set trigger kit available for the 2.0 from Apex, but no such luck yet.

Plan on putting a couple hundred through it tomorrow. But if it shoots as well as my 5 inch model this may replace my G19 for EDC.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    I picked mine up today. Anyone else find the texture is too rough? There's only one finger that I think its too rough for, and that's the first knuckle on my middle finger. I am thinking of taking a bit of sand paper to that specific area to calm my skin down a bit.
    At first I thought it was too rough, but now I dont even notice it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear13 View Post
    I am interested in your findings. I seem to agree with you on pistols so I would like to see where you land on this.

I will give a brief review of it once I run it Thursday. I will of course be shooting it out to at least 25 and probably 50 or more. I ran my 5th Gen G19 out to 25 and groups were tighter with it than with my 4th gens. We will see how the 2.0 does and go from there.

I'l make sure and take some photos of the targets for viewing pleasure, as long as they don't look too bad...

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-26-17 at 07:43.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I would like to see S&W or the aftermarket come out with a solid takedown tool for removing the grip inserts, and loose the lanyard, it would feel a little better to me. They could also come out with one that is flush that you could use an allen wrench or regular screwdriver to remove the tool. It would make it just a little more concelable. Also the difference between the medium and the largest grip inert is 1/8" inch in trigger reach and 1/8" inch in grip thickness. So unless you have hands the size of Tiny Tim or Shaq this pistol will probably fit your hand. Dry firing my CZ P-10c's trigger along side my new M&P compact, I'll just say that to *me* that *overall* the CZ's is better but out of the box *my* M&P 2.0 compact's trigger is real nice and its factory stock trigger should not hinder the pistols accuracy at all.
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-27-17 at 01:28.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast