Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Glock 19 sized pistol coming out

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Here are two pretty informative vids about the M&P 2.0 pistols. I wrote them off after the issues I had with the first 1.0 gen version and swore I was done with S&W pistols. Well, I tried one of the 2.0 compacts and I will just say I am impressed. Mine has been reliable and very accurate through around 900 rds of various types and weights of ammo.The trigger on mine is decent and I have had absolutely no issues at all. I have owned all the top 9mm brands in the last 30 years. Currently, my favorites in the following order are : #1- The S&W M&P 2.0 compact #2- CZ P-10C #3- Glock Gen 5 G19
    I will just say the other pistols were not bad, they were just not for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvtWF_D0ZM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhPk1kjKLPM
    Last edited by Biggy; 10-23-17 at 14:29.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I picked up a second one last week for my wife. And while messing with grip sizes to see what fits her the best, we found that the medium large, and large grip size squeeze the frame enough to keep the magazines from dropping free.
    Watch the vid below at the 4:07 mark to hear the simple fix for the mags not dropping all the way out when using the large grip insert. My 2.0 compact was the same only when using just the large grip insert. A few minutes with a fingernail file and spreading the insert apart a little with my fingers solved it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvtWF_D0ZM8
    Last edited by Biggy; 10-23-17 at 11:07.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    carrying this non-stop still and my only issue is with the extended mags. for the reasons mentioned above, and when executing a one-handed reload from the holster. the extension will pinch you, and it will ****ing hurt. undershirt obviously eliminates that problem.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    munch,
    I hate you. My belly hadn't been that flat since I was 25. LOL.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    munch,
    We can start a club. I hate him because he's carrying that gun. Meanwhile I'm stuck here wishing it wasn't such a pain in the ass to purchase a handgun here. Carrying is a whole other lol.

On a serious note, if that's the only downside, that's impressive. I like the look of the extension but I already shoot my G19 with 17 mags so who cares as long as it works. I'm surprised that I still haven't seen a whole lot of accuracy testing at 25 though. That's the big question with these like BTF is with the Glock. This one is much easier to test because you don't really need to shoot a lot of rounds to figure it out.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    We can start a club. I hate him because he's carrying that gun. Meanwhile I'm stuck here wishing it wasn't such a pain in the ass to purchase a handgun here. Carrying is a whole other lol.

On a serious note, if that's the only downside, that's impressive. I like the look of the extension but I already shoot my G19 with 17 mags so who cares as long as it works. I'm surprised that I still haven't seen a whole lot of accuracy testing at 25 though. That's the big question with these like BTF is with the Glock. This one is much easier to test because you don't really need to shoot a lot of rounds to figure it out.
    You must not really want that gun. If you did you would just buy it. The police station trips are annoying but it’s not impossible.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You must not really want that gun. If you did you would just buy it. The police station trips are annoying but it’s not impossible.
    It's more the point of it. I miss the days when the longest part of buying a gun was me filling out the one federal form. Back OT though, I'm excited to see how these shake out next to the Glock. I'll probably end up getting both, I just don't know which will be first yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    munch,
    It's getting harder to stay at a good weight, 32 and a thyroid problem aren't helping but that just means more gym time! And monitoring diet

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'm sure there's an already established club yall could just join

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yesterday I got the chance to fondle this weapon. I'm definitely going to start savings my pennies and pick one up. I'm currently carrying a Gen4 G19 but this may have to take it's place. If it performs like my M&P 45 Middy The G19 might just end up with my son.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Some of the concerns about the aggressiveness of the grip texture is not during shooting but for concealed carry. Some people, myself included, occasionally carry a gun against their bare skin without an undershirt.
    The texture is pretty aggressive. When I get one I'll take some fine grit sand paper and tone down the grip a bit. Whenever I've stippled my other grips I've done that and no issues from then on.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast