Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Glock 19 sized pistol coming out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    here you go, youtube video of m&p 2.0 reliability issues
    https://youtu.be/3sJxWZDZ46E
    I don't think that guy can be taken seriously. He was far too giddy every time he had any sort of issue to appear even remotely unbiased.
    In addition using Expressions such as silly gun crappy gun piece of crap and so forth definitely does not Inspire any sort of expectation in an objective test of this firearm.
    There have been many criticisms levied at the M&P over the years, some of them quite valid and some of them in my opinion overblown by the wonders of the internet, but I would generally say they are reliable firearm. To the point where if I had one that was malfunctioning that often I would either be looking for ammo issues, magazine issues, or that specific firearm having an issue.
    Simply looking at the 2000 round test thread over on another forum would suggest that this guy is full of shit.

And for the record, it is by no means my favorite.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Referring to the youtube videos, the guy that tested the MP2.0 seemed giddy when the gun malfunctioned. The dudes that tested the Glock, were they some kind of Navy seal delta recon force or something?
    I normally like Baret Fawbush's videos as I believe he is a good dude and took the internet by storm with his videos of being blazingly fast with his draw and ability to put rounds on target. With that said, those that haven't, should watch his most recent series he is doing by reviewing a good majority of the polymer wonder 9's under $500 to see how they fare. I swear that dude can get any gun to malf. and those that have watched him long enough, or hell, even from that M&P video know he is a glock fan boy. But I can't help but notice how many malfunctions he has. And with the amount of ammo he is putting through each gun, he admits he uses remans/reloads which makes me question any reliability issues experienced while using that ammo.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Referring to the youtube videos, the guy that tested the MP2.0 seemed giddy when the gun malfunctioned. The dudes that tested the Glock, were they some kind of Navy seal delta recon force or something?
    If they were, they would have used the Glock 19 so I could see their lack of giving an F over S&W trying to reinvent the wheel (again)

Remember when the M&P first came out and reports started coming out about accuracy issues and shitty triggers? The guys that sold them were the loudest advocates that it was internet BS. Turned out to be a bunch of guys overstocked on a Glock Copy trying to keep the ship from sinking.

When your model literally has a "2.0" version of something because your first one sucked so badly I give the benefit of the doubt to guys doing testing that say there are reliability issues - not brand loyalists who hope this time maybe S&W can get it right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

When your model literally has a "2.0" version of something because your first one sucked so badly I give the benefit of the doubt to guys doing testing that say there are reliability issues - not brand loyalists who hope this time maybe S&W can get it right.
    Using your logic, Glock must be an inferior pistol since Glock is on it's Gen 5. Doesn't speak much to the Glock perfection since if Glock was perfect why would they need 5 different generations.

Feedback Score
    Yup we are on Glock 5.0 and judging by many of the comments I've seen online they still can't get it right.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    Using your logic, Glock must be an inferior pistol since Glock is on it's Gen 5. Doesn't speak much to the Glock perfection since if Glock was perfect why would they need 5 different generations.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbinky View Post
    Yup we are on Glock 5.0 and judging by many of the comments I've seen online they still can't get it right.
    Early intervention: There's a tendency to make any thread mentioning Glock a thread about Glock. It gets really old. Whether you want to adore or indict GI, take it to one of more than a dozen open threads about Glocks unless you directly relate it to the topic at hand. This thread is "S&W M&P 2.0 Glock 19 sized pistol coming out", and should remain closely related thereto. The comments above are examples of what not to do.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    FYI, Keeley Arms has them in stock ag $425 Shipped

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keene1bj View Post
    FYI, Keeley Arms has them in stock ag $425 Shipped
    Prices on these are great so far.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Prices on these are great so far.
    Yep. I paid $420 for mine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    But I can't help but notice how many malfunctions he has. And with the amount of ammo he is putting through each gun, he admits he uses remans/reloads which makes me question any reliability issues experienced while using that ammo.
    I just watched a video from Honest Outlaw Reviews on the 2.0 compact. He had some reliability issues using low power ammo as well. A quick change to a lighter spring fixed things right up and the gun was 100% reliable with the lower power stuff. Everyone must remember that most of these guns will be sprung around the use of full power / duty ammo.

I personally put 150 rounds of reloaded ammo that was around 130PF thru mine this weekend with zero issues. I should get to put another 500 rounds through it this weekend.

For me, I generally re-spring all of my pistol to get optimal performance for the loads I will be running.
    Last edited by jrb1975; 09-25-17 at 14:47.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast