Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Glock 19 sized pistol coming out

Feedback Score
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Got my M&P 2.0 Compact in and made it to the range today. Fired over 150 rounds right out of the box, not an issue.

I shoot it better than my Glock 19s, Gen4 and Gen3 and shoot it better than my Sig P320 Compact.

I got the LE model, three mags, thumb safety, and three dot night sights.

Even with just 150 rounds, the trigger got smoother.

When I picked it up yesterday the first thing I was going to do was use some 600 grit sandpaper and smooth the grips, DON'T do it!

Shoot the pistol first. I thought for sure the grips would be way too aggressive, they work perfectly.

I can usually find something wrong with when I first shoot a new pistol or atleast something I want to change, still working on it but for a first time I don't have anything to do to this pistol.

So is it worth it, short term yes, long-term, looks promising.

Target 8-10 yards away, 50 rounds, 9mm
    Last edited by awmp; 10-14-17 at 17:05.

Feedback Score
    Really like this gun. Picked one up a week ago. Have 1K through it now after 2 trips. Not a single issue so far and extremely consistent. I can't wait for the Apex flat trigger to be released. I also have a set of ameriglo i-dot pros coming tomorrow.

The grip is excellent. You can rip off rounds without it moving in the hand. Extremely easy to control with how soft it shoots.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Some of the concerns about the aggressiveness of the grip texture is not during shooting but for concealed carry. Some people, myself included, occasionally carry a gun against their bare skin without an undershirt.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Some of the concerns about the aggressiveness of the grip texture is not during shooting but for concealed carry. Some people, myself included, occasionally carry a gun against their bare skin without an undershirt.
    It hasn’t been tremendously irritating to me so far...time will tell but doesn’t seem too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm surprised Quantico Tactical still only has these listed for preorder. I was hoping to play with one before going back to Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I spent the weekend Evaluating houses for a client. Over 2 days I got in and out of my car no less than 60 times. My undershirt rode up and holy shit are you right. I felt like I had a cheese grader shoved into my pants. I always wear an undershirt so it normally isn't a big deal but I can say for a fact that it does indeed rub you raw if you don't.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I spent the weekend Evaluating houses for a client. Over 2 days I got in and out of my car no less than 60 times. My undershirt rode up and holy shit are you right. I felt like I had a cheese grader shoved into my pants. I always wear an undershirt so it normally isn't a big deal but I can say for a fact that it does indeed rub you raw if you don't.
    Five minutes with some sandpaper and you can tailor it to just the right amount of grip for you. I used some 1500 grit and just knocked it down a bit and now it is perfect for me. You could even customize it further for your application, for instance, take more off the side that rubs your skin but leave the other side a little gripper. I have done that it the past with some Glocks that had grip reductions and stippling.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anyone detail stripped their 2.0? I’ve noticed Smith went with solid frame pins on the 2.0 instead of the roll pins from the 1.0. This should make detail stripping much easier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finally handled one today, what a great feeling gun. I actually liked the trigger, other than the hinged shoe. Grip texture feels great in the hand, maybe not so much on the ol' love handles... I'm concerned that it may actually be aggressive enough to snag up clothing - can anyone confirm or deny that?

It didn't seem to point very naturally for me, but I'm a Glock guy so my perception of pointability is no doubt corrupted by my appliance-shaped plasti-gats. Factory sights were unimpressive. Lack of front slide serrations kind of sucks. Otherwise I'm excited to try one out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    FWIW I've seen nothing but "issues" with M&P 1.0 and 2.0...

Official Kremlin Transmission

I owned a gen 1. I hated glocks at the time and really wanted to like the S&W.
    Had 0 malfunctions for thousands of rounds in regards to the action cycling..
    However, the trigger reset was so horrible I got rid of it. I would go to squeeze the trigger and nothing would happen, absolutely zero audible or tactile reset. I also could not get it to shoot accurately, S&W even ended up sending me a new barrel. Ended up getting rid of it, and I'm a ''glock guy'' now... But I like 1911's and many other pistols as well.. Just don't like the M&P. Wasn't my first bad experience with S&W, I won't get into how bad their AR's can suck.. But I will say that my Girlfriend bought a Sheild 9mm, and it is not reliable at all :/ I'll probably be buying her a revolver for Christmas to replace the shield.

Hopefully S&W got their semi auto pistols figured out and customers end up with a solid reliable gun.. But I'll never buy another S&W product unless it's a wheel gun.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast