Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Glock 19 sized pistol coming out

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Referring to the youtube videos, the guy that tested the MP2.0 seemed giddy when the gun malfunctioned. The dudes that tested the Glock, were they some kind of Navy seal delta recon force or something?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, the grip texture on this pistol can easily be modified to suit anyone taste. To me it is one of the most naturally pointing pistols out there, just like the VP9. IMO, this pistol absolutely does not need front slide serrations and S&W should have left off their lame attempt at it. By putting your thumb in the milled out area of the slide above and just in front of the slide release, and going over the top of the slide with your next two fingers, it is really easy to grab and retract the slide and do a check.
    Last edited by Biggy; 10-16-17 at 20:07.

Feedback Score
    The serrations on the front seem to be for design only. Easy to spot a 2.0 model.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like a 2.0 shield has been announced too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Another great product from JM Kydex. The AIWB 2.0 is a fantastic holster, and he got them on the quick ship list for the M&P within a couple weeks of it being released. Ride height is great, this is just as slim as the eidolon, a bit more comfortable, and more configurable with the neoprene wedge. For my model (with the thumb safety) this holster actually keeps the safety engaged while the gun's holstered, and if you holster the gun with the safety disengaged, the holster engages it via the pictured shelf/funnel/whateveryouwanttocallit.

Last edited by munch520; 10-17-17 at 09:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    this pistol absolutely does not need front slide serrations and S&W should have left off their lame attempt at it.
    So I agree that the ones on the M2.0 are useless and are probably only there for cosmetics, however I think every modern handgun should have functional front slide serrations, just like an accessory rail. They aren't just for press checks, tons of us use the front of the slide to "slingshot" with the web of the support hand thumb vs. a full finger grip on the rear now. Frank Proctor has been teaching slide manipulations this way for many years, as have others... It's a faster and more mechanically efficient way to operate the gun. And, just like an accessory rail, having them on there doesn't take anything away from the pistol if you don't use them.

Not bashing the M2.0 for that as they are hardly the only ones who don't have that base covered, but more and more are. It is certainly something I hope to continue to see trending in future designs/redesigns.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 10-17-17 at 11:30.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    My BlackPoint Tactical leather winged OWB holster arrived today for my M&P 2.0 compact. I use them for my P-10c and Gen 5 G19 also, and I am very satisfied with them. They have just a little give for comfort and when used with a quality gun belt, they keep the pistols tucked in nice and close to your side.

Last edited by Biggy; 10-17-17 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Also, there's really no point in a 4.25"/full size at this point IMO
    I tend to agree, and I have the 4.25 inch version.

Love it.

Usually I shoot steel 2/3 size silhouettes. I'm consistently hitting from 35+ yards, which I struggle with my Glock 19.4. Shooting a dot at 10 yards, accuracy was similar (for me).

Just over 1000 rounds through it. Only 2 fail to fires last time out, with wichester white box 115gr. About 250 trouble free rounds of WWB, and the rest are various 124 gr offerings and 50 rounds of 147gr HST. I suspect it's the ammo more than the pistol, but I have another 700 rounds if WWB to find out. Haven't cleaned it yet either.

I know, not the 4" pistol, but since they're so similar, I hope the data is useful to someone.
    Last edited by Caduceus; 10-22-17 at 21:40.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I picked up a second one last week for my wife. And while messing with grip sizes to see what fits her the best, we found that the medium large, and large grip size squeeze the frame enough to keep the magazines from dropping free.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    We did some informal comparison this morning with my buddy's brand new 2.0 Compact against my original full size M&P (probably 3000 rounds) and my favorite polymer pistol for the last 3 years, the CZ P07 (about 2000 rounds). We used Remington 115gr ball ammo.

We shot at 25 yds with all three guns, 10 rounds each. Full disclosure, my eyes are not young and my hands are not as steady as they were 10 years ago. But I chose to stand and shoot and not use a bench. The 2.0C did pretty well despite my shakiness, about 4 to 5" group. My Apex modified full size (sear and RAM) didn't do as well as the group was about basketball size. The CZ was close to the 2.0C.

Moving closer to 7 yds, all three guns shined as shown by the picture.

Being brand new, the 2.0's trigger had some creeps but reset was positive, about the same as my full size with the Apex RAM installed. The stock trigger on the P07 (with reduced power spring) felt the best, no creep and broke crisp.

None of three guns had any malfunction. We ran a few Wilson 5x5 drills, Hackathorn TEST and a few other drills with all three guns. All three guns shot clean without dropping any points with reasonable time (sharpshooter score). Out of the box 2.0C impressed me. The grip texture was good for shooting but maybe a little harsh for carrying next to bare skin.

I think there will be a 2.0C under my Christmas tree this year but it probably won't push my P07 out of my carry holster.

BTW, my friend's 2.0C did not have the manual safety. After all these years, over 30 years, of getting used to Glocks, I think we all have gotten over the fear of manual safetyless striker fired guns.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast