Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Glock 19 sized pistol coming out

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    It's getting harder to stay at a good weight, 32 and a thyroid problem aren't helping but that just means more gym time! And monitoring diet
    Wait 20 more years

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Wait 20 more years
    You can say that again Sam!! I'm 53 now and in the gym 6-8 times a week and just barely keeping from turning into a pumpkin shaped fat body!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Watrdawg what do you like about this pistol that holding it in a gun store is enough for you to ditch the 19?

I’ve felt the grip and that alone was enough to keep me away. It’s literally like sandpaper.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I'm 53 now and in the gym 6-8 times a week ...!
    You have time to go to the gym 6 - 8 times a week ???????

Hell I DRIVE BY several gyms every day but I also drive by several KFC too. I tend to stop at the KFC.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Watrdawg what do you like about this pistol that holding it in a gun store is enough for you to ditch the 19?

I’ve felt the grip and that alone was enough to keep me away. It’s literally like sandpaper.
    So here is my reasoning. This is all based on my experience with my M&P 45 Middy. I've put at least 5000 rounds through the M&P45 and have taken multiple classes with it. It is so much more accurate than my G19 that it isn't even comparable. Here comes the dreaded Ergos/Feel words but the Middy just fits my hand and feels that much better than my G19. Don't get me wrong I still like my G19 and if the M&P 9C isn't in the same league as my 45Middy then I'll still carry the G19 and give the 9C to my son. I carry the G19 at least 75% of the time and the M&P45 the rest. I'm short, 5'5" and 175 and it is just a bit easier for me to conceal the G19 than the M&P. I also messed with a Gen5 G19 and didn't like the cut out at the bottom of the front of the grip.

It's not that I don't like the G19. I do and very much so. However, I like the M&P45 Middy that much more and if this 9C is equal to my 45 then I'm going to give it a go and try my best to figure out why to go back to the G19. If I can't then I'll stick to the 9C. I'm not married to either one of course and I don't have so much into the G19 and its accessories - mags, holsters and such that I can't make a warranted change. If I don't like the 9C for whatever reason then I'll gladly stick with my G19.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You have time to go to the gym 6 - 8 times a week ???????

Hell I DRIVE BY several gyms every day but I also drive by several KFC too. I tend to stop at the KFC.
    I hit the gym at lunch 3-4 times a week and do a regular workout. I'm only 5 mins away from the gym. It's my mid day stress relief. Me being the only guy working with 14 women in the office I've got to get out of the estrogen filled confines of the office! LOL
    My wife and I do a crossfit style workout after work 3-4 days a week. If I weren't so close to the gym no way I could even come close to doing all that.
    Last edited by Watrdawg; 10-27-17 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I own both the GEN 5 G19 and the M&P 2.0 compact. I believe the M&P pistols triggers break a *little* farther back than some of the other compact striker pistols, If you have large hands, using the three supplied grip inserts you can get the perfect trigger reach to fit you. The Apex triggers for the M&P pistols, whether the duty/carry kit or the forward setting sear trigger kit also move the trigger breakpoints forward some. The Duty /carry kit moves it forward approx .080" of an inch and the forward setting sear trigger kits even more. My 2.0 compact also balances just a *little* bit more towards the front than my Gen 5 G19. Its because it uses a stainless steel frame insert embedded in the frame for rigidity and it runs almost to the front of the frame. It also uses a stainless steel guide rod instead of a plastic one. Both great pistols, just pick your preference. I like both of mine, for some different reasons. I tend to shoot my Apex triggered 2.0 compact a little faster and more accurately than my Apex triggered Gen 5 G19. IMHO, you cannot go wrong with either pistol.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-02-17 at 11:05.

Feedback Score
    I picked up one of these last week after I decided to sell my P320 Compact. I got it for cheap ($425 shipped, no tax), so I figured that I could sell it if I don't like it, and I may end up doing just that. I find the Sig far more pleasant to shoot, and the M&P's accuracy was underwhelming. From a rest at 10 yards, the M&P was consistently giving me 3.5" to 4" groupings (usually because of 1 or 2 rounds that would be way off), whereas the Sig was about 1.75" to 2". After firing them side by side, I decided to keep the Sig. I'm going to try the M&P from a rest again with different ammo, as I've only tried it with WWB and Wolf, but both gave me similar results. Is anyone else having this issue? Edit for pics.

https://ibb.co/mwVK8G
    https://ibb.co/nfdHvw
    https://ibb.co/gGdT2b
    https://ibb.co/e0vxvw
    https://ibb.co/idHo2b
    https://ibb.co/mjECTG
    https://ibb.co/dBOvhb
    Last edited by TheSmiter1; 11-06-17 at 01:54.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmiter1 View Post
    . From a rest at 10 yards, the M&P was consistently giving me 3.5" to 4" groupings (usually because of 1 or 2 rounds that would be way off), . Is anyone else having this issue?
    Nope. We didn't bother to shoot from a rest. From 10 yards, standing, the 2.0 Compact is in the head area:

Yours is a sample of one and so was ours.

The flyers are common for many shooters and usually not caused by the mechanical accuracy, but human errors (trigger press is the main culprit), we can't simply maintain the same trigger press every time.

Feedback Score
    Nope. We didn't bother to shoot from a rest. From 10 yards, standing, the 2.0 Compact is in the head area:

Yours is a sample of one and so was ours.

The flyers are common for many shooters and usually not caused by the mechanical accuracy, but human errors (trigger press is the main culprit), we can't simply maintain the same trigger press every time.
    The pictured groupings were consistent for both the P320 and M&P through multiple groupings on different targets, though. Consistently 1-2 fliers per five rounds, while the Sig were all grouped as you see in the pictures I posted. I really doubt I'm just that much better from a rested position with the Sig. The trigger on the M&P isn't heavier; the over travel until the break is longer, but I my trigger pulls on both were gradual and I was on target at the break. I only tested from a rest because I noticed that it seemed erratic in comparison to the Sig. Who knows, though. I'll try and have other people shoot it, too.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast