Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Glock 19 sized pistol coming out

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The overall thickness of the M&P compact is 1.300" inches, the Glock G19 Gen 4 is 1.180"inches thick and the CZ P-10c is 1.245" thick on the grip and 1.260" across the ambi mag release. I own a Gen 4 G19 and just got a Gen5 G19. The barrel fit on the Gen 4 is better than on my Gen 5 and the Gen 4 is a little more accurate. The trigger is just a little mushy on the Gen 5, but I like it a little better than the Gen4 triggers sight disturbing break. The Gen 5 is also using some parts that do not interchange with the Gen 4, so that could be a downside for awhile. IMHO, the M&P and Glock have their work cut out for them to equal the trigger thats on most of the CZ P-10C pistols once they are broken in, without adding aftermarket parts. I would also give a *slight* edge to the CZ P-10C in its practical (handheld) accuracy compared to the currently produced Glocks, Gen 5 included. Accuracy on the M&P 2.0 9's we will have to wait awhile to see.
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-12-17 at 23:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    The overall thickness of the M&P compact is 1.300" inches, the Glock G19 Gen 4 is 1.180"inches thick and the CZ P-10c is 1.245" thick on the grip and 1.260" across the ambi mag release. I own a Gen 4 G19 and just got a Gen5 G19. The barrel fit on the Gen 4 is better than on my Gen 5 and the Gen 4 is a little more accurate. The trigger is just a little mushy on the Gen 5, but I like it a little better than the Gen4 triggers sight disturbing break. The Gen 5 is also using some parts that do not interchange with the Gen 4, so that could be a downside for awhile. IMHO, it might be somewhat hard for the M&P and Glock to equal the trigger thats on most of the CZ P-10C pistols once their broken in, without adding aftermarket parts. I would also give a *slight* edge to the CZ P-10C in its practical (handheld) accuracy compared to the currently produced Glocks, Gen 5 included. Accuracy on the M&P 2.0 9's we will have to wait awhile to see.
    Biggy, know if the 24oz weight you listed for the new 9c includes the mag?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keene1bj View Post
    Biggy, know if the 24oz weight you listed for the new 9c includes the mag?
    I'm not sure, but here are the specs on the M&P Compact and a review of the 2.0 M&P pistol also. https://snwcdnprod.azureedge.net/sit...eets/11683.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU6TPXrM_qg&t=478s
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-13-17 at 19:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear13 View Post
    I also like that I can buy ameriglos that I love it
    Curious which Ameriglo sights you like.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

S&W M&P 2.0 Glock 19 sized pistol coming out

Quote Originally Posted by KirkS View Post
    Curious which Ameriglo sights you like.
    These are what is on my px4cc. Favorite sights I have used.

Basically a orange cap front with black rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bear13; 09-13-17 at 09:35.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For those who have the 2.0 Compact, and have used the M&P Shield, I am very interested in the comparison -- when thinking about concealed carry. I have the Shield, but have not "deployed" it. I carry the G-19 9mm, but the Shield is interesting in its compactness. The Glock is good, but bulky. I have read the threads above comparing the M&P C-2.0 to the G-19, but if anyone had experience with the Shield v. the M&P C-2.0 in 9mm...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    For those who have the 2.0 Compact, and have used the M&P Shield, I am very interested in the comparison -- when thinking about concealed carry. I have the Shield, but have not "deployed" it. I carry the G-19 9mm, but the Shield is interesting in its compactness. The Glock is good, but bulky. I have read the threads above comparing the M&P C-2.0 to the G-19, but if anyone had experience with the Shield v. the M&P C-2.0 in 9mm...
    I don't think anyone has any experience with the compact, they haven't been released yet.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Wink

Two trouble free 9mm Shields. The 45 Shield, tho, is what has really sold me on these pistols. I will definitely be getting the M2.0c as the budget allows.
    I don't mind being a beta tester on this one. G19 centric for 22 years, so no complaints about Glock. I carry the 45 Shield daily and run it hard twice a week.
    I really don't expect any issues at all from these new pistols. S&W has been working hard to alleviate past problems with some of these M&P guns, and I believe they have been successful in doing so. I'm 72, so this will be my last pistol purchase., Bet ya'll have heard that one plenty of times before.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocH View Post
    I'm 72, so this will be my last pistol purchase., Bet ya'll have heard that one plenty of times before.
    My Dad said that about his gun at 75. Last year, he bought a new Beretta, at age 83.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by longshot2000 View Post
    My Dad said that about his gun at 75. Last year, he bought a new Beretta, at age 83.
    Good on your Dad. We all say that ,and it always turns out to be a teeny white lie.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast