Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is DIESEL FUEL still available in bugout states?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Is DIESEL FUEL still available in bugout states?

Just wondering, with gasoline gone- are the diesel pumps empty too?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Just wondering, with gasoline gone- are the diesel pumps empty too?
    In the the DFW area of Texas with fuel shortages that are hit or miss I have not had a problem at all getting diesel.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    In the the DFW area of Texas with fuel shortages that are hit or miss I have not had a problem at all getting diesel.
    Or getting diesel into a Fiat....

I'm still laughing about that!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Or getting diesel into a Fiat....

I'm still laughing about that!
    That was harder than it looks.......

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here in St. Petersburg, from what I've seen, all or at least many/most of the gas stations that serve gas and diesel, and were out of gas still had diesel. Makes me wish my Tacoma was a diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    During the great Harvey non-shortage of 2017 I witnessed one Race Trak station that had only premium, no regular, mid-grade, or diesel. Another adventure I saw a QT station that only had regular, no other grade or diesel.

Through out the week of the shortage, err panic I spied station after station completely dry of both gas and diesel.

It would appear that things are starting to get back to normal . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Here in St. Petersburg, from what I've seen, all or at least many/most of the gas stations that serve gas and diesel, and were out of gas still had diesel. Makes me wish my Tacoma was a diesel.
    It's a shame that the EPA won't allow Toyota to import the Hilux diesels . . .
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 09-09-17 at 05:43.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Retail shortages diesel availability is hit or miss. Distribution/production issues (especially pipeline) usually hit both as demand is dominated by commercial users that don't change behavior.

It appears Atlanta has been able to get past the reduced production from Houston without any large scale issues. Hopefully there won't be another production hit from the new storms.

Fuel is still very tight in FL and S GA, just too many refugees (est +6M?) On the road. Many areas LEO were routing fuel seekers. Most stations limiting to just 10 g along the major evac routes.

On the Toyo diesel, have a couple different friends with them. General consensus is that they are just ok... Too light to have some of the normal diesel advantages. Similar to my Isuzu trooper diesel, great if you want to run veggie, but nowhere near as polished as the vintage MB diesels, much less the modern players. I'd still love to have one, but you can do better for what they go for.

Titan with the small Cummins is neat, but I just can't justify the expense for a truck that carries less with minimal mpg gain.

All that said, id love to have one of the FJ60 with the 4bt Cummins conversion that I occasionally see.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    During the great Harvey non-shortage of 2017 I witnessed one Race Trak station that had only premium, no regular, mid-grade, or diesel. Another adventure I saw a QT station that only had regular, no other grade or diesel.

Through out the week of the shortage, err panic I spied station after station completely dry of both gas and diesel.

It would appear that things are starting to get back to normal . . .

It's a shame that the EPA won't allow Toyota to import the Hilux diesels . . .
    The EPA ruins everything. I just want the motor though, not the whole hilux. I've never been a fan of the Hilux body style, same for the international version of the Ranger.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    During Katrina "they" let us run diesel in highway vehicles.
    From what I have seen diesel is always available in the Deep South, unless maybe at highway truck stops (truck which is the best place to fill up by the way due to fuel remover).
    I would say Texas is a unique situation. Because every bastard there just has the have a diesel pickup.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    The EPA ruins everything. I just want the motor though, not the whole hilux. I've never been a fan of the Hilux body style, same for the international version of the Ranger.

I hate the newer HiLux body styles. I liked the old ones. I have not been impressed with the International Rangers. The only real advantage that they have is that they are available in areas that often don't have trucks and use diesel fuel. Other than that I will take a full sized truck any day for the increased towing and hauling... also the full sized trucks are much more comfortable to ride in while wearing a plate carrier.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast