Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is DIESEL FUEL still available in bugout states?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Hmmmm......

I just looked online at a 2017 Serra 2500 HD with the diesel engine, and they start at 48 grand.

That's a fair bit of change. I'd need to drive it for at least 15 years to make that work. You think that's doable? 250K miles?
    Absolutely. I had a 04 GMC 2500Hd and put a little over 200K on it. Truck got 20-22mpg hwy and about 15-17 in the city. I traded it in last Jan on a 2016 2500Hd and got $17K for it in a trade in. I only paid $32 for it in 06. Held its value fine and i had no issue with it at all. The Duramax engine is a very good diesel engine. In my opinion the only thing that competes with it is the Cummins engine. Ford's diesels have had tons of problems.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Hmmmm......

I just looked online at a 2017 Serra 2500 HD with the diesel engine, and they start at 48 grand.

That's a fair bit of change. I'd need to drive it for at least 15 years to make that work. You think that's doable? 250K miles?
    I'm running an '06 Duramax and she's about to hit 300K miles, runs like she's brand new, 20mpg lifted.

Can't go wrong.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Good looking vehicle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Good looking vehicle
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Lots of Internet noise here....... Just get a Ford F250 and call it a day.

I have a 2011 Ford F250 FX4 that has 135,000 miles on it and the only thing that I have had to do to it was replace the tires a few times. Other then that it has run like a champ. I get about 21 mpg driving around the DFW area. I also get about that same mpg when I pull my 32" travel trailer.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Lots of Internet noise here.......
    That noise is just the screws in your head that your Ford has rattled loose. Only way to fix that now, is loctite and an IFS.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    That noise is just the screws in your head that your Ford has rattled loose. Only way to fix that now, is loctite and an IFS.
    LOL........ That was funny. Not true but funny.......
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I had an F150 four-door that I loved. Unfortunately, it never loved me back. After less than 50,000 miles, it racked up four grand in unscheduled maintenance. In a single year.

And it was a bunch of different crap, not one big thing. Every other month it needed 400-500 bucks worth of work done.

It soured me on Ford pickups. I'd love to have another, but I'm not going to drop that kind of cash and have those kind of problems again. I have had a Toyota RAV4 for 8 years, and only performed scheduled maintenance on it.

Sigh. Decisions, decisions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    During the great Harvey non-shortage of 2017 I witnessed one Race Trak station that had only premium, no regular, mid-grade, or diesel. Another adventure I saw a QT station that only had regular, no other grade or diesel.

Through out the week of the shortage, err panic I spied station after station completely dry of both gas and diesel.

It would appear that things are starting to get back to normal . . .

It's a shame that the EPA won't allow Toyota to import the Hilux diesels . . .
    X100 Not Hilux diesels or Land cruiser diesels. Latest versions are even running common rail engines, all over the world, except here.
    Just trying to get a straight answer in a twisted world.
    Colt LE SOCOM 6920 5.56
    Ruger SR1911 Commander .45
    Marlin 1895 GBL .45/70
    Marlin Golden 39M Mountie .22
    CVA Wolf Smokepole .50
    Remington 870 Express Magnum Scatter gun 12ga (project)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123