Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting ergonomics with thin gloves

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've never been a fan of shooting with gloves until I started using mechanix covert 5mm gloves. I also shoot better without gloves but now after using these gloves I haven't noticed too much of a difference. http://www.mechanix.com/tactical/the...hooting-gloves

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A lot of good insights.

I do a lot of different shooting. Meaning, I shot tactical, I shoot big bore bolt action, and also shotgun (skeet). One skeet instructor advised golf gloves, and wow. They work well. You just get a strange look at the pro shop when you ask for a right and left hand glove.

I want to try the Pig FDT and Camelback to compare. Good insights.

Feedback Score
    These are all great suggestions. If ergonomics and trigger control can be had while wearing gloves, one can theoretically have better grip and also protection. Glove tech is advancing like everything else. Thanks for all the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I always wear gloves for shooting, especially in all-day courses. I'm fine with PIGs, Mechanixwear, and my preferred gloves...Roeck riding gloves (horse). A few years ago I had an instructor comment on wearing gloves in his courses (Jeff Gonzales). I listened to a lot of what he had to say over that three day course, but not that.

Feedback Score
    I've used cycling gloves on occasion, being that I most likely won't have gloves if an acute situation ever developed, I tend to shy away from using them.

Feedback Score
    I will often use a pair of regular Mechanix gloves. Very good dexterity, they hold up well, and the price is right. At this point Mechanix has a full "tactical" line of gloves.

http://www.mechanix.com/tactical

Feedback Score
    My patrol gloves are the SKD PIGs. I can search, cuff, find small things in pockets and shoot with them on. I can also use my iPhone and in car tablet while they are on. The PIGs are one of the few gloves I can actually pick up a dime with while wearing.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I always wear SKD PIG gloves while shooting. I keep two pair in my range bag and have a couple of pair as backups. Pretty much always add a pair when they're on sale as my hands aren't going to grow and they're fantastic gloves.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    which PIGs ? For one who is not familiar with the brand, there seem to be multiple PIG gloves on the SKD Website. I want to give it a try..

Feedback Score
    I train for sd/hd 99% of the time so I hardly wear gloves. I do wear mechanix when shooting suppressed after the can gets hot, or when shooting the ak.

I've also trained in nitrile gloves to simulate work, including the grease monkey gloves mentioned above (fantastic gloves btw). Nitriles give improved grip without loss of dexterity. Besides heat from a silencer, if I was in a situation I could get ready for, I'd put on a pair of those grease monkeys, it covers all bases, grip, cut resistance, chemical, blood, etc.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-24-17 at 20:34. Reason: I-phone autocorrect is terrible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast