Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting ergonomics with thin gloves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Shooting ergonomics with thin gloves

I'm wondering what everyone thinks of shooting with gloves on. Im not talking about winter gloves though. For example, I use these ultra thin breathable grippy "Ninja" gloves at work (same as Gorilla Grip gloves from Home Depot). Shooting any type of gun with these on has been fantastic. Has anyone else used similar gloves that offer virtually no protection but extreme ergonomics? Any perceivable drawback to training this way?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Grease-Mo...-030/202709681

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mercs; 09-08-17 at 16:12.

Feedback Score
    Took a 2 day class wearing similar gloves, did fine. They did help with the heat, albeit not as well as something more substantial. A great utility glove.

Feedback Score
    Get a pair of Pig FDTs.

They are the best compromise shooting glove I've ever used. Feel similar to the grippy shitass gloves you get at homedepot for doing handiwork, but are made of ripstop cordura, with padding on the parts of your hands that get abused during dynamic shooting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    Get a pair of Pig FDTs.

They are the best compromise shooting glove I've ever used. Feel similar to the grippy shitass gloves you get at homedepot for doing handiwork, but are made of ripstop cordura, with padding on the parts of your hands that get abused during dynamic shooting.
    I like the sound of this. Price isn't bad either. Do those gloves make your hands sweat though? One thing I do really like about the cheapos is they have extreme ventilation properties

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    I like the sound of this. Price isn't bad either. Do those gloves make your hands sweat though? One thing I do really like about the cheapos is they have extreme ventilation properties.
    They breathe really well. The material on the webbing of the thumb, and on sides of the fingers, is very well ventilated. I didn't experience any problems with them when doing all-day range sessions in 90+ degree, 80%+ humidity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    They breathe really well. The material on the webbing of the thumb, and on sides of the fingers, is very well ventilated. I didn't experience any problems with them when doing all-day range sessions in 90+ degree, 80%+ humidity.
    Awesome thanks a lot. I'll grab a pair

Feedback Score
    If your shooting involves glass and vehicles, it isnt a bad idea to use gloves.

Feedback Score
    These are all great suggestions. If ergonomics and trigger control can be had while wearing gloves, one can theoretically have better grip and also protection. Glove tech is advancing like everything else. Thanks for all the input

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I always wear gloves for shooting, especially in all-day courses. I'm fine with PIGs, Mechanixwear, and my preferred gloves...Roeck riding gloves (horse). A few years ago I had an instructor comment on wearing gloves in his courses (Jeff Gonzales). I listened to a lot of what he had to say over that three day course, but not that.

Feedback Score
    I've used cycling gloves on occasion, being that I most likely won't have gloves if an acute situation ever developed, I tend to shy away from using them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast