Thread: M&P2.0 - Sight Frustration - Dawson Precision Excellent Customer Service

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

M&P2.0 - Sight Frustration - Dawson Precision Excellent Customer Service

First of all, I want to say that I am impressed by Dawson Precision's products and customer service.

Second, I really like my M&P 2.0, more than my Glocks.

Here's the deal, my 2.0 is a 5inch 9mm. First thing I did out of the box was paint the white dots on the sights black. Take it out shooting and it is way high at 25 yards.

That's okay I want a narrower front sight anyways, so I'll fix it when I order the new front sight. Meanwhile I go to a match and discover, LOL, that aiming below the bottom rail on the plate rack at 25 yards is conducive to neither making time, or actually hitting plates. A buddy let me try his M&P with green fiber optics and I thought, hey, I'll get a fiber optic. So I measured the sights on my pistol, did the sight math on Dawson's site and ordered a .170x.115 fiber optic front only.

This sight shoots 4.6 high at 25 yards. I'm shooting groups, but they are all high. I start analyzing. Trigger shaped different then Glock, grip shape and angle different, its the ergonomics I say to myself, at the same time I'm also telling myself bullshit, you don't heel that much with anything. Nonetheless, I shoot it with every backstrap in the kit, same results.

I'm not sure of myself, so I load up some .45 and shoot through the action pistol barricade and plate event with my Kimber. I haven't shot this gun in over a year, dead on. I decide I need to shoot it more,

At this point I'm going to order a new front sight and someone posts about Dawson's 'Perfect Impact Guarantee' so I decide to start from scratch and order a set from Dawson's. The 'stock' set for the M&P is .245 rear and .180 front. I get this one and it shoots 3 low @ 25yards. I want to be able to hold center on the plates and the black circle on the cardboard and hit POA POI at 25, so this is a no go.

I call Dawson's, explain the problem, the guy works through the sight math with me and arrives at the same conclusion I have, I need a .155 front sight. He confirms my address and says they will send it out. I ask if I need a label to send back the other one, he says 'no, you keep it.' GREAT SERVICE

The sight gets here and it is a fiber optic. (Looking at my order history I understand why he sent out the fiber optic - it's on me, not them) I painted it and away we went. I was way high at 35yards, my first shots, so I cleaned the sight black off the sight and put the fiber optic bead in the bottom of the rear sight notch, magic, it is a scoosh low, move to 25 and it is dead nuts on holding bottom of the notch.

So here is my question - other than night sights, I have never used the three dots to aim. The only fiber optics I've used have been in conjunction with solid black rear sights, on Glocks. In those, I use the #1 Seller Dawson Precision Glock Fixed Competition Sight Set - Black Rear & Fiber Optic Front which has worked fine.

I'm flumoxed at this point, any ideas what is going on? Do I need to start thinking about getting rear fiber optics?

ETA: I use a .75 diopter correct in the lense I shoot through, or wear my reading glasses and tilt my head until the transition lens is the correct focus.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-01-17 at 17:55.