Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have time with the APX?

Feedback Score
    How bout finding out what actually happened that caused the trigger to lock up?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have 3000 rounds now through my APX. 0 malfunctions. I do clean it every time I take it shooting though

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    The r.o. then made me pull back slide and show clear and comped me a redo of the stage but i got dq'd from the match because i threw it on the ground after that.
    That is unsafe and stupid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ghengis Khan View Post
    That is unsafe and stupid
    i know, i have no excuse for it. was a pretty messed up thing on my part, i was stuck in the moment after an adrenaline rush of running my best match that day and i definitely disregarded safety.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    No cleaning in 5k rounds? I think you let the gun down, not the other way around, man.

I understand you want it to run no matter what but try to meet it half way.

I think you should clean it throughout, lube it, and see if it runs. That was "abuse" or "test until failure" IMO.

I appreciate the report. But I wouldn't discount the guns' reliability based on this.
    i can agree with that, but atleast now i know other brands can handle more "abuse". i was becoming an apx fanboy. i just want to see what beretta diagnoses the issue

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    This is probably a decent, underrated and under the radar pistol, but it will probably never really take off until they offer one closer to the size of the G19.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Regardless of your feelings about Tim/MAC, he observed something that I thought was one of those, "you don't know till you know" moments. When running it through the gauntlet, he noted, and it was obvious, how little the slide serrations actually acted as a functional serration. Maybe they just didn't work for him, but I found it to be an eye opener for me.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    i can agree with that, but atleast now i know other brands can handle more "abuse". i was becoming an apx fanboy. i just want to see what beretta diagnoses the issue
    Now I'm curious:

What other pistols have you tested in this way?
    What in your previous experience suggests that a firearm that has a parts breakage after 5000 rounds fired without significant maintenance is insufficiently reliable to choose as a defensive tool?
    What real-life failure mode was this test intended to test for?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    Regardless of your feelings about Tim/MAC, he observed something that I thought was one of those, "you don't know till you know" moments. When running it through the gauntlet, he noted, and it was obvious, how little the slide serrations actually acted as a functional serration. Maybe they just didn't work for him, but I found it to be an eye opener for me.
    I personally think they are the best serrations on any pistol. To each their own i guess

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    I personally think they are the best serrations on any pistol. To each their own i guess

That's why I put that qualifier at the end of my post. And glad you refuted his claim with your own.
    Professional Babysitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast