Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
Now I'm curious:

What other pistols have you tested in this way?
What in your previous experience suggests that a firearm that has a parts breakage after 5000 rounds fired without significant maintenance is insufficiently reliable to choose as a defensive tool?
What real-life failure mode was this test intended to test for?
never said it was a test or that i test pistols. obviously my "test" is unscientific and really cant be considered a test. experimental for sure. i just buy stuff and see how well they do with negligent maintenance. im not military arms channel and doing gauntlets with containers of sand and mud, i just compete in competitions that get me dirty and cut up here in the desert terrain. and the answer to your question about my unscientific "test", glock 34... 5 years, insane amount of rounds, replaced recoil spring a few times and brushed the barrel out other than that never cleaned or lubed it at all, literally. infact the glock rep at lgs summer sales event said its perfectly ok to run a glock dry. its never gave me issues except when recoil spring gets weak and doesnt go into battery. imo, thats pretty good. do i put slip 2000 in my edc g19 yes i do. but competitions are not lives on the line, and i personally find it fun and challenging when i have to fix malfunctions under pressure in rifle/pistol matches.