Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt new model? LE6920 SOCOM 14.5" PW

Feedback Score

Colt new model? LE6920 SOCOM 14.5" PW

I picked up a new 6920 Trooper today and while at the store, I handled one other. It was a 6920 SOCOM with a 14.5" barrel with pinned and welded FH. The carbine had the KAC rail, side sling swivel, Matech rear sight and lower was marked M4A1. It was at Buds and is the first one I've seen. It was priced $1249. Thought some here may be interested.
    Last edited by Animalhd1; 09-09-17 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You should have grabbed M4A1. Currently, stripped Colt lowers with the M4A1 markings are selling for upwards of $1k.

I don't think Colt is making those anymore
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-09-17 at 13:52.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    In July, Colt released 200 new old stock M4A1 SOCOMs with PW 14.5 HBs.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...on-/29-284172/

ETA: Exclusive through Buds Gunshop.
    Last edited by Feline; 09-09-17 at 14:13.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Might have re released these. Just got 6 of the uppers in that i ordered like 3 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    You should have grabbed M4A1. Currently, stripped Colt lowers with the M4A1 markings are selling for upwards of $1k.
    I don't think Colt is making those anymore
    I hear ya!!! I couldn't justify. I don't care for the fat 1913 rail, that roll mark doesn't matter to me. I do like the 14.5" SOCOM barrel and already have a BCM 14.5" PW. It was very tempting but the Trooper was only $779. I went after another spare rifle and the Trooper will fill that roll nicely.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    In July, Colt released 200 new old stock M4A1 SOCOMs with PW 14.5 HBs.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...on-/29-284172/

ETA: Exclusive through Buds Gunshop.
    Yeh I don't know. It is a nice rifle. If Colt makes that a standard catalog item, I would have to imagine it would sell.

ETA: I did notice the lower was the older style markings without the little square matrix thing on the left side.
    Last edited by Animalhd1; 09-09-17 at 16:07.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhd1 View Post
    Yeh I don't know. It is a nice rifle. If Colt makes that a standard catalog item, I would have to imagine it would sell.
    It's a great clone rifle, but the Trooper is a heck of a deal. You made a great choice, and now have an excellent spare rifle. What are you doing for sights, optic, light if I may ask?
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    It's a great clone rifle, but the Trooper is a heck of a deal. You made a great choice, and now have an excellent spare rifle. What are you doing for sights, optic, light if I may ask?
    Thanks!
    I'm thinking FDE magpul CTR or Slim stock, MOE+ PG and Rail panels.
    I'm not sure on sights, I have Troy rear buis on a couple of others that have A2 post and like those. But want to look at other options in FDE color if possible.
    I like the Aimpoint PRO I've been using, so that's a likely candidate.
    I'm not sure this one will get a light. I'm covered with 2 others on that. If I do I want something low pro.

Feedback Score
    Nice score, I have been eyeing Colt AR offerings from afar since they aren't available here in Kaliforniastan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    “If you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow” Chuck Colson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast