Just waiting on the scope mount.

Feedback Score
    Best group ever for me.

Love the PA Platinum scope.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colo.TJ View Post
    Best group ever for me.

Love the PA Platinum scope.
    Nice setup man! Those Platinum scopes are amazing value for money paid!
    Btw, i would try to move bipod as far to the front end as i can and try to shoot more to see if this helped. Also, when shooting for groups, i don't go over 20x - that works best for me. Let me know how you are doing, i think you can shrink those groups even more.
    Best Regards
    Rob Ski
    AK Operators Union, Local 47-74

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    would there be any reason to get a CTR and build it with chassis, 2-stage trigger, and extra mag rather than just getting this?..
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    would there be any reason to get a CTR and build it with chassis, 2-stage trigger, and extra mag rather than just getting this?..
    That's what I did. I wish I had just gotten the TAC model. It's really personal preference in chassis...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    That's what I did. I wish I had just gotten the TAC model. It's really personal preference in chassis...
    ok, thanks for the reply. I'd like to get started in PRS-type shooting but still really early in my search, just learning.

would a gun still be eligible for production class if it has a chassis or aftermarket stock?..
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post

ha! I'm still on the fence...

I look at it like this, the price difference between the CTR and the TAC A1 is about $700.

you get 3 magazines with the TAC A1 vs only 1 with CTR. you can find Tikka mags for $75 + shipping so that cuts it down to $550.

the TAC includes a TRG-22 muzzle brake ($125) so that drops the difference to $425.

for $425 you get a nice chassis with folding buttstock (adjustable LOP/ cheek riser), flush cups and HK snap hook loops on the buttstock and at the castlenut, and a plate with both for forward mounting on the M-Lok rail (vs just 2 sling swivel studs on the CTR)...

on top of that, the TAC has a 2-stage trigger vs single-stage for the CTR. am I missing anything?..

so now I have to decide how important any of that extra stuff is and what it's worth to me.

$425 for a folding chassis and 2-stage trigger upgrade seems ridiculously cheap but in the long run, do I need to spend the extra $700 right away? that's where I'm at...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    ha! I'm still on the fence...

I look at it like this, the price difference between the CTR and the TAC A1 is about $700.

you get 3 magazines with the TAC A1 vs only 1 with CTR. you can find Tikka mags for $75 + shipping so that cuts it down to $550.

the TAC includes a TRG-22 muzzle brake ($125) so that drops the difference to $425.

for $425 you get a nice chassis with folding buttstock (adjustable LOP/ cheek riser), flush cups and HK snap hook loops on the buttstock and at the castlenut, and a plate with both for forward mounting on the M-Lok rail (vs just 2 sling swivel studs on the CTR)...

on top of that, the TAC has a 2-stage trigger vs single-stage for the CTR. am I missing anything?..

so now I have to decide how important any of that extra stuff is and what it's worth to me.

$425 for a folding chassis and 2-stage trigger upgrade seems ridiculously cheap but in the long run, do I need to spend the extra $700 right away? that's where I'm at...
    feel the pain only one time, I think for what you get, that price is really a super bargain, plus it looks tactical cool not afraid to admit it, and what more than Rob recommending this gun as one of the best he has owned or reviewed, go ahead jump in the water is warm. If you want to save more, nest time Cabela's has 100 dollar gift cards for 80 buy all you can
    Last edited by LockenLoad; 02-24-18 at 17:45.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LockenLoad View Post
    feel the pain only one time, I think for what you get, that price is really a super bargain, plus it looks tactical cool not afraid to admit it, and what more than Rob recommending this gun as one of the best he has owned or reviewed, go ahead jump in the water is warm. If you want to save more, nest time Cabela's has 100 dollar gift cards for 80 buy all you can
    thanks. yeah, so far it's been - put it in cart, then wait and do some more internet diving looking for an alternative, find none, then go back and find quote expired, renew quote, lather/rinse/repeat...

someone once asked me if I was being indecisive. I replied "could be, I'm not really sure"...

never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    oh boy. I got one in 6.5 Creed on its way to my FFL...
    never push a wrench...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast