Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a soft rifle case/bag

Feedback Score

Recommend a soft rifle case/bag

Looking for recommendations for a soft case for a fully assembled carbine (16" barrel) ... one that I can take to a weekend training class or the like. Most of the ones I've seen are so wide. Any that are more svelte in size?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How wide are you finding to be too wide? I usually have my bags so filled that it don't matter, it going to be girthy. And for carrying to and from the range I have never seen an issue. Of course I have a single rifle case that I regularly stuff two rifles in since it has a large accessory compartment that is long enough for me to stick another AR in with just the last couple inches of stock poking out.

Anyway, on a note of being somewhat cheap, at least cheaper than some, CDNN has some Eagle cases, not the hard use gear they used to be, but probably better than condor, in various configurations. Might be of interest.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have one of those generic looking two rifle bags. Three pockets on the front etc. everyone sells them. It works for hauling cRbines from the car to range and stuff. Carey's a bunch of mags or knee pads, a towel etc. you can even roll your targets and clip them to the bag to free up a hand while you walk. I think mine is branded as Voodoo tactical but just about everyone uses the same bag and put thier name on it. It's not sexy cool guy but it works.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you are going to take a class you will need room for a certain amount of extra stuff.

Since it appears you like Sigs, here's a case I really like for ARs, even though I don't have a Sig rifle: http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/677710718
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like my drago bags, I have a 36" for my 16" rifles and a 42" for my 18-20" rifles. The pockets fit plenty of mags, normally I use 5 30rd pmags per but you can fit 7.

FullSizeRender by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    IMG_8079 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    Last edited by hdrolling; 09-10-17 at 19:32.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I'm also using the voodoo tactical rifle bags. They work well and I can carry plenty of stuff in them. The 36" bag is the perfect size for the 16" carbine.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    I like my drago bags, I have a 38" for my 16" rifles and a 42" for my 18-20" rifles. The pockets fit plenty of mags, normally I use 5 30rd pmags per but you can fit 7.

FullSizeRender by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    IMG_8079 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
    Like I said. Same bag. Different brand name. This is exactly what I've got.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Like I said. Same bag. Different brand name. This is exactly what I've got.
    Same bags, just academy sporting sells the Drago and I was able to go put my hands on it and test it out. Voodoo you have to buy on line I believe.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I like the Grey Ghost case because it is streamlined.

https://greyghostgear.com/products/rifle-case

Watch for sales.

I don't like carrying all my gear and spare mags in my rifle case. Bag becomes too bulky (I also have a Voodoo). I carry separate bag for spare mags and gear.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another recommendation for the Grey Ghost case. I got mine on sale during the Grey Ghost black Friday sale last year for a really good price. It will fit a 16in AR with a 30 rnd mag in the gun no problem.
    -tpdavis

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate and I picture us invading that world because they would never expect it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast