Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you hunting this year, if so, with what?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Complete Rainer arms components.

This doe was shot last season, .75 grain Speer gold dot.

Walked into woods and was in our spot for 2 min when she walked right out in front of me.

She was bladed at me and I hit here right in the front of the shoulder, it was complete obliterated then moved through the rib cage.

She did not make it far because her lungs were jelly. It was about nine minutes in the woods totally time when I shot her. Very quick!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Taking a suppressed .308 bolt gun out to West Texas this fall, for Sonoran mule deer. I'll be hunting areas where I grew up as a kid. I need something with some reach. A friend out there has a 1000 meters marked off. I'm definitely not planning to shoot half that distance, but would love a chance to get some long range in my book while I have the opportunity.

And since we will be close to the Mexican border, I'll also pack a suppressed 300 BLK with 130-grain TSX rounds as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I hunt with a 6.8 spc II. Aero m4e1 I built.

Going after Washington wilderness mulies and black bears in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny256 View Post
    Complete Rainer arms components.

This doe was shot last season, .75 grain Speer gold dot.

Walked into woods and was in our spot for 2 min when she walked right out in front of me.

She was bladed at me and I hit here right in the front of the shoulder, it was complete obliterated then moved through the rib cage.

She did not make it far because her lungs were jelly. It was about nine minutes in the woods totally time when I shot her. Very quick!

Good looking rig & congrats on the doe!

Was the bullet recovered or did it completely penetrate? How far was the shot? Was there a good blood trail? What scope is on your rifle? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    Good looking rig & congrats on the doe!

Was the bullet recovered or did it completely penetrate? How far was the shot? Was there a good blood trail? What scope is on your rifle? Thanks!
    I sadly did not recover the bullet.

35 yard shot standing no support

Blood trail was about zero....i thought I had missed at first! I knew i had hit her though, it was very clean. With no exit, the internal damage was quite devastating to the organs.

The scope is a Leupold vxr patrol 3x9 with firedot. It is a fantastic scope, the clarity is very good. I would buy it again. But with all the newer scopes out I might give something else a try.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for all the info!

Feedback Score
    I have a .270, 6.5x55 Swedish, .300 win mag and .308. I've used all of them for deer and bear in t. Don't recommend the .300 win mag for deer as it's a bit much and more expensive. For what you want I would use my Swedish or .270 but based on ammo availability and price I would recommend the .270. As far as felt recoil with the larger calibers, I personally don't feel it when the adreline is going during the shot. I guess it all depends on how excited you get when you see your target.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Whitetail at the ranch.
    Hunting the timber and cultivated river bottom plots this year.
    Shots will be <250 yds with our terrain.

A 300 Blk I built; Faxon 16" Heavy Fluted Barrel, MI upper, mod 1 comp, KMR-A, inexpensive (2nd FP) PA's scope, Toolcraft BCG/BCM extractor spring, BCM lower, Geissle 3 gun trigger, Geissle 42 spring/H3 buffer.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Rem700.jpg

Trusty 308 bolt for whitetail this winter. I have a 10.5 inch 300 Blackout built to try for deer season but PA waived off on semi-autos again this year. One of these days...
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    For deer and hogs in SC I’ll be using a .300 Blackout carbine that I built. I’ll also have an Armalite AR-10 for longer shots when I’m hunting over peanut fields. I’ll also have a new Ruger SR1911 in 10mm if anything gets close. I took a 160 pound sow with my Glock 20 last year.

We still can’t hunt big game with semi-autos at home in PA so I’ll have a Marlin .45-70 for bear and a new Marlin 1894 in .44 mag for deer.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast