Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you hunting this year, if so, with what?

Feedback Score
    Last 3 shots at 30yds this weekend.

Didn’t see anything, likely due to heat and rain. I’ll be taking a weekend next month - hope to peg one then.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not a big hunter myself, but I would like to hunt wild boar in FL now that I'm in FL, but have not found the place/people to get that done. I don't want to pay someone to drive me up in a buggie to a location they leave food out for them to pop a pig via the pig hunting tours in FL.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Not a big hunter myself, but I would like to hunt wild boar in FL now that I'm in FL, but have not found the place/people to get that done. I don't want to pay someone to drive me up in a buggie to a location they leave food out for them to pop a pig via the pig hunting tours in FL.
    Have you ever checked out River Ranch on Rt 60? I think you have to be a member or go with a member who owns a parcel. But I know people who have set up there and gotten their fill of shooting hogs. I don’t know if it’s a guided thing or not, but worth a shot if you’re looking for a place to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    Have you ever checked out River Ranch on Rt 60? I think you have to be a member or go with a member who owns a parcel. But I know people who have set up there and gotten their fill of shooting hogs. I don’t know if it’s a guided thing or not, but worth a shot if you’re looking for a place to try it out.

Have not check that out but will, thanx. Assuming this:

https://www.westgateresorts.com/hote...sort/overview/

Does not mention hunting and very anti gun per their rules and regs. Not sure if hunting there with a member etc is another thing.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-18-17 at 09:38.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Texas Whitetail with my Colt 14.5" AR, shooting Hornady 75gr TAP T2. Longest available shot from my stand is ~150yds.

Attachment 48087

Feedback Score

Are you hunting this year, if so, with what?

Have not check that out but will, thanx. Assuming this:

https://www.westgateresorts.com/hote...sort/overview/

Does not mention hunting and very anti gun per their rules and regs. Not sure if hunting there with a member etc is another thing.
    Huh, yeah looks as if it’s changed quite a bit.
    I worked for a guy in college 10+ years ago who talked about hunting there all the time. Guess my info was a bit dated!

Last edited by tgizzard; 10-18-17 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    How far are you from LaBelle? Would it be archery or silenced rifle? Or unsilenced rifle? PM me- not baited, just waiting for some pigs, no guarantee of a kill - not even sure I could get you in, but if interested I will try.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-18-17 at 21:31.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Last 3 shots at 30yds this weekend.

Didn’t see anything, likely due to heat and rain. I’ll be taking a weekend next month - hope to peg one then.

Excellent shooting. You will need to shoot different circles on the target to prevent yourself from ruining arrows. I hate shooting the knocks and fletching off my arrows. So now anytime 40 and in, I’m shooting different areas on the bag.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    How far are you from LaBelle? Would it be archery or silenced rifle? Or unsilenced rifle? PM me- not baited, just waiting for some pigs, no guarantee of a kill - not even sure I could get you in, but if interested I will try.
    PM incoming, thanx.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Passed on this one this morning.... For everyone on the right coast, the PNW doesn't have larger white tail, we have black tail, and mule deer which are much smaller. The flip side, is that the rest of the country doesn't see much in the way of Elk.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast