Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Are you hunting this year, if so, with what?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    6.5 Creedmoor

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    A 12 point (Whitetail) my bud shot at the ranch last weekend.
    He used a 16" 300 Blk. I put together for him. Ammo was 110 gr. Black Tip with H110- velocity 2400 FPS.
    135 yd. running shot at near dark. We had to wait 'til morning to pack it out (can't get vehicles in this area).
    You can see he nearly shot the near side antler off, clipping it just above the base.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    With my Browning Citori

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    A 12 point (Whitetail) my bud shot at the ranch last weekend.
    He used a 16" 300 Blk. I put together for him. Ammo was 110 gr. Black Tip with H110- velocity 2400 FPS.
    135 yd. running shot at near dark. We had to wait 'til morning to pack it out (can't get vehicles in this area).
    You can see he nearly shot the near side antler off, clipping it just above the base.

Good looking beast, and yes, I mean the deer....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Good looking beast, and yes, I mean the deer....
    Good looking indeed!
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Hunting Cow and Bull elk this year again. In Colorado. Have a private land cow tag for south of Denver metro. Have available 140 acres to hunt. Bull will be on western slope 3rd season. Just got new LR elk rifle dialed in with handloads. Browning xbolt hells Canyon LR with McMillin stock in 300 win. Kahles 624i SKMR3 in FDE. Spuhr rings in FDE. 200gr nosler accubonds. 2960 FPS. 77gr of H1000. Federal brass. CCI magnum primers. 35thou off lands. Rifle is on the right. Has TB CB ultra 7 suppressor.

Attachment 47409

100 yard zero. First 4 all touching. 5th is upper left. Probably from me as I was nervous I was going to mess up my 1/2 Moa 5 round group and what do ya know. I did.

Attachment 47410

Here is the 300 yard group.

Attachment 47411

Here is the 725 group.

Attachment 47412

I think Ill be deadly on an elk through this distance at least. Capable of much more with this rifle but unable to practice further so I will limit my shots to my practice range.
    Good luck with hunt this year. I got nada but will help my hunting buddy on a cow elk tag in Northern AZ.

77grains of H1000 is packing it in. Well done.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Whitetail at the ranch.
    Hunting the timber and cultivated river bottom plots this year.
    Shots will be <250 yds with our terrain.

A 300 Blk I built; Faxon 16" Heavy Fluted Barrel, MI upper, mod 1 comp, KMR-A, inexpensive (2nd FP) PA's scope, Toolcraft BCG/BCM extractor spring, BCM lower, Geissle 3 gun trigger, Geissle 42 spring/H3 buffer.

Good luck with your hunt, a lot of folks rocking the 300BLK

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I'm still down with my crossbow. This is what I got for hunting: https://bestontests.com/best-deals-on-crossbows/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I am helping a friend with a cow elk hunt this Friday. We scouted this weekend and saw 4 cows within 200 to 400 yards. Next Friday AM, boom boom.

Payson AZ , Unit 23

PB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I am helping a friend with a cow elk hunt this Friday. We scouted this weekend and saw 4 cows within 200 to 400 yards. Next Friday AM, boom boom.

Payson AZ , Unit 23

PB
    Filled my Tag in Minnesnowta this year. Smaller than I would have preferred, but it was getting late in the season when Murphy's law kept kicking me down with my gear this year.

Nonetheless, good luck out there guys, I am onto Winter Grouse hunting. Picked up a used Winchester 1200 for my first "Bird Gun". Now, I just gotta hit some Grouse.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast