Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got the itch to buy a new muzzle device.

Feedback Score

Got the itch to buy a new muzzle device.

I got it in my head that I want to replace the standard A2 flash hider on my Colt 6920 with a good compensator. Reason being I want to reduce the muzzle rise allowing me to have faster follow up shots, the carbine gas system and 16" barrel makes it a bit more abrupt then my BCM midlengths if only slightly. I have two in mind the first is the Surefire SOCOM brake and the other is the Battlecomp 1.0. What is the general consensus between these two? Or does everyone recommend something else instead? I plan on using the GEISSELE reaction rod to secure the upper into the vice, but whats a good wrench if I do replace the flash hider? Thanks for you're help.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    I got it in my head that I want to replace the standard A2 flash hider on my Colt 6920 with a good compensator. Reason being I want to reduce the muzzle rise allowing me to have faster follow up shots, the carbine gas system and 16" barrel makes it a bit more abrupt then my BCM midlengths if only slightly. I have two in mind the first is the Surefire SOCOM brake and the other is the Battlecomp 1.0. What is the general consensus between these two? Or does everyone recommend something else instead? I plan on using the GEISSELE reaction rod to secure the upper into the vice, but whats a good wrench if I do replace the flash hider? Thanks for you're help.
    Here is my recommendation for overall lightest, shortest, most effective, priced under $100 brake/comp.
    http://www.vg6precision.com/muzzle-d...gamma-556.html

However I would HIGHLY recommend looking over the following article before purchasing your new muzzle device.
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.thetr...hootout-3/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've been a big fan of the Precision Armament AFAB.

https://precisionarmament.com/produc...r-compensator/
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

The surefire is a flat out brake and does that job very well. It keeps the gun stupid flat but is loud as hell and the guys next to you will definitely feel it. The Battlecomp was kind of the first combo device to make it big. It won't be as effective at taming the recoil, but it'll be less obnoxious. I haven't compared any side by side, but based on everything I've read and watched, I have two that I'll buy. BCM comp if I don't plan on suppressing the gun, Surefire WarComp if I do. Both are hybrid MDs, the BCM comp is apparently slightly less compy than the BattleComp, meaning better flash reduction and less thump at the price of slightly more recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    If you're not mounting a can, get the surefire brake without mount capability for half the price.

Do you have a shot time? I'd buy that before making mods.

Jerry Miculek can shoot a 50 better than most guys can shoot any ar. And it's not the muzzle device.

Edit, not the epsilon.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-12-17 at 13:13.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The VG Gamma is good. I just put one on a lightweight 5.56 build. Seemed to keep the muzzle down pretty well,but I've been shooting 6.8 and .308 for years so 5.56 seems pretty mild anyway. It didn't seem particularly loud, though shooting anything unsuppressed seems obnoxious to me these days.

I also like the Black River Tactical Covert Comp, though it's more of a "linear comp". Knocks the blast down, though.

Pretty much all the ones I've mounted take a regular 3/4" end wrench. Masking tape the barrel if your worried about dings.
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 09-12-17 at 13:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Please give our 6315 a look.
    Last edited by Duffy; 09-13-17 at 06:12.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am not sure if this is something that would interest you, but here it is. This is a PWS Triad Flash Suppressor 5.56 (3TRI12A1) that I used on one of my 14.5" M4gery builds.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Ive been feeling the A2/A2X lately. Im just not hot on the increased concussion and flash signature that comps/brakes bring with them. I can get on board with the BCM comp, as it isn't quite as blasty as some, imo. I haven't tried the warcomp, but it sounds intriguing.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered the VG6 Epsilon 556 today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast