Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which BCG?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcop View Post
    PSA bcgs are made by toolcraft.

Here is a link to a toolcraft bcg with nitride finish and c158 bolt
    http://www.monmouthreloading.com/sho...k-nitride-bcg/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used them before. I caught a sale for them for a package of 5 and I bought them. I sold two to a couple of friends for their builds for less than they could buy individually but a slight profit they what I paid.

I'm running one of them in a .300 AAC Blackout SBR upper build. It runs pretty smooth.

I like to change things up, but I don't want to give up quality. I'm interested in The Son's of Liberty Gun Works BCG because they seem like they check all the boxes, but I don't know anyone personal that is running them.

I was wondering if they were worth the extra money. It seems like they may be. Just collecting data.

I like to know all the vendors, manufacturers and such that put out and sell quality stuff. Be it guns, cars or whatever. I like to know who is the trusted people!

Though I don't post much here. I trust the opinions of this group.

Feedback Score
    What have the BCGs in your current arsenal failed to do? With your shooting style and round count requirements, have you developed confidence in the current hardware?
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    On thing to consider price wise on the SOLGW is that they have a 3 pack that works out to $123 each if you have any other builds planned. Or could sell to friends for a small profit as you have previously

Feedback Score
    For a range toy, it doesn't matter what you get. For social purposes, go BCM, LMT, DD, Colt, Sionics.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Most "manufacturers" of bolt carriers and bolts do not make their own hardware, and right now, there is a glut of hardware out there, so there are deals to be had. One under appreciated brand is Stag Arms, which actually makes their own stuff, and OEMs to a wide range of assemblers. Stag is basic and reliable, which is what you want from a BCG assembly. Let's face it, this is where the dirtiest of the rifle is. Stag has the 5.56 nitrided BCG on sale for $75, and I don't think you can go wrong there.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Yup, I've got 2 and they are $80 shipped. I will continue to order them for every build I can at that price!

Feedback Score

Which BCG?

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Toolcraft also doesn't make those bolts. I know where SOLGW stuff comes from, and the same goes with SIONICS and BCM. I would trust all of those over many of the ones on the market. The only person who can put a value on "is it worth it" is the person who is spending the money.
    IG is exactly correct. The military requires the HPT/MPI in an attempt to flesh out EVERY bad part, as the gun will be used in combat. Even then, if the steel is certified, the processes are under control and the manufacturer is at a 6 sigma quality level, you'll only have 3 bad parts per million to try and find.

For the military, the NDT makes sense...not their money and we don't want even three bad parts out there. For the vast majority of the commercial market, if you buy from a reputable manufacturer who has strong SOP's and processes, the MPI and Pressure test are non value added. A waste of money.

So what IG said is spot on...only YOU can decide what you really need. And you may or may not need all the NDT (which does nothing but make a part more expensive).

Last edited by JC5188; 09-12-17 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    I have used Tool Craft, Colt, BCM, PSA in the past, plus my Rock River Arms National Match Service Rifle upper. All have worked will.

I just like trying different things in my builds, but I what quality.

Afew of my builds are match rifles. That get fairly high round counts with hot loads to compete at 1000 yards.

I have carbines that I train with (I by no means high speed, low drag), I try to stay somewhat proficient, with limited time for the range.

I have kick around, parts carbine, it was mostly take off parts from upgrading my others. Funny thing is it's a good, reliable and half way accurate shooter, even with the PSA CHF melonited M4 style barrel.

I'm just waiting to expand my base of know good quality parts/suppliers. I know very little about The Son's of Liberty Gun Works in it's self. So far everything I have read makes me believe that they are G2G. I just don't know anyone who has used their stuff first hand.

I guess my question should have been more like. For those that has used TSOLGW how do you like it and would you recommend them? How does their BCG compare to others that you have used?

Thanks for the input!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The problem with that statement, is it not 100% correct. I have seen several PSA carrier groups that were not staked correctly and did not use the correct screws. Those most assuredly did not come from Toolcraft.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Can't go wrong with a solgw or a sionics bcg. I pretty much exclusively buy sionics np3 bcgs or lmt now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I agree, the Sionics NP3 bcg is top of the line. It is slick, literally, and clean up could not be easier.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast