Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which BCG?

Feedback Score
    I have experience with SOL, BCM, Colt, LMT and stag BCG's. I am very impressed with the SOL BCG. It has been flawless. I was impressed with how they set out the specs of the BCG. Between the SOL and the BCM, I give the very slight win to the SOL due to the extractor spring and the price. However, this is not, in any way a negative comment on BCM, as they are top notch as is the colt. For my go to guns, it would be SOL, BCM and Colt. (based on my experience) The stag BCG is in a range toy and has been reliable.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-n-Ky View Post
    I have used Tool Craft, Colt, BCM, PSA in the past, plus my Rock River Arms National Match Service Rifle upper. All have worked will.

I just like trying different things in my builds, but I what quality.

Afew of my builds are match rifles. That get fairly high round counts with hot loads to compete at 1000 yards.

I have carbines that I train with (I by no means high speed, low drag), I try to stay somewhat proficient, with limited time for the range.

I have kick around, parts carbine, it was mostly take off parts from upgrading my others. Funny thing is it's a good, reliable and half way accurate shooter, even with the PSA CHF melonited M4 style barrel.

I'm just waiting to expand my base of know good quality parts/suppliers. I know very little about The Son's of Liberty Gun Works in it's self. So far everything I have read makes me believe that they are G2G. I just don't know anyone who has used their stuff first hand.

I guess my question should have been more like. For those that has used TSOLGW how do you like it and would you recommend them? How does their BCG compare to others that you have used?

Thanks for the input!
    I think your experience mirrors mine. I shoot long-range, but also spend most of my time building mil-spec clones (M4 types as well as big guns). Some of the discussion here is how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Most BCGs from major manufacturers or assemblers are going to do just fine 99.99% of the time, and at the end of the day, it is not worth worrying about.

Now, if you ask what is the best (not asked), I will tell you that the advise I got from Wes at MTSN years ago, and I have tested and agree, that the best combination out there is a Young's Manufacturing National Match carrier with a LMT bolt. It is rock solid. I think LMT and KAC make the best internals, followed probably by Colt and FN, then a large number of mil-spec brands, like Stag, CMT, followed by many, many others who either build specialty carriers, or buy from the aforementioned and put their name on it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-n-Ky View Post
    I'm just waiting to expand my base of know good quality parts/suppliers. I know very little about The Son's of Liberty Gun Works in it's self. So far everything I have read makes me believe that they are G2G. I just don't know anyone who has used their stuff first hand.

I guess my question should have been more like. For those that has used TSOLGW how do you like it and would you recommend them? How does their BCG compare to others that you have used?

Thanks for the input!

I don't even play with unknowns, my current BCG's consist of BCM, Colt, SIONICS and SOLGW, I would not hesitate to recommend any of them. SOLGW BCG says right on their box:

"Lifetime Warranty - If you're awesome enough to shoot one of these out, send it back...we'll replace it or repair it"
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I don't even play with unknowns, my current BCG's consist of BCM, Colt, SIONICS and SOLGW, I would not hesitate to recommend any of them. SOLGW BCG says right on their box:

"Lifetime Warranty - If you're awesome enough to shoot one of these out, send it back...we'll replace it or repair it"
    And Toolcraft doesn't make the list because?

They mfg for the military (cage codes and all). Also, straight from their website...

"Our products carry a lifetime, no questions asked, warranty. Simply put... Should any of our products fail, return it to us for a brand new replacement."

Not saying the others you've mentioned aren't good choices, but Toolcraft is far from an unknown.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I've narrowed my BCG choices down to Sionics NP3, and DD full auto chrome plated. For those of you running the Sionics NP3 coated BCG, how is the finish holding up with use? I'm mostly interested in these two finishes, as I've tried different Nickel Boron coated BCGs, and I find they don't live up to the hype.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I've narrowed my BCG choices down to Sionics NP3, and DD full auto chrome plated. For those of you running the Sionics NP3 coated BCG, how is the finish holding up with use? I'm mostly interested in these two finishes, as I've tried different Nickel Boron coated BCGs, and I find they don't live up to the hype.
    While I don't have a NP3 BCG, I do have a Beretta 96D in that finish, it has about 2000 rounds through it and it still looks new inside and out.

If you think the Beretta 92/96 action feels like it's gliding on ball bearings you ain't felt nothing yet.

Because of that, I have been interested in a NP3 finished BCG. So I too would like to hear what users have to say on that!

As for the SOLGW BCG, I think that I might try one. Some one said that they has a three pack, I just might partake in that.

Feedback Score
    So, a couple people have mentioned the SOLGW bcg gets the slight "nod" due to the extractor spring used. Interestingly, they list that their BCGs include the black insert and o-ring.

Isn't this a bit contradictory to the modern wisdom re: extractors? That an o-ring is a bandaid to cover up lesser extractor springs? And that a correct extractor spring, combined with an o-ring, is unnecessary?

For the record, I'm not trying to hate on SOLGW. I'd choose them over BCM and Sionics if I had to pick one of those three.
    Last edited by Kdubya; 09-13-17 at 22:51. Reason: Fat fingered the submit button before finishing my intended post.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have 1700+ rounds on a Sionics NP3 BCG and it has only gotten smoother with use and no special wear. I would buy more and start replacing various other coated BCGs I bought during the last scare if they would only keep them in stock!

Otherwise I run Colt, BCM, and MSTN in my goto carbines.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm curious; how long has Toolcraft been selling direct to consumers? (Either themselves or their brand through other sources)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    So, a couple people have mentioned the SOLGW bcg gets the slight "nod" due to the extractor spring used. Interestingly, they list that their BCGs include the black insert and o-ring.

Isn't this a bit contradictory to the modern wisdom re: extractors? That an o-ring is a bandaid to cover up lesser extractor springs? And that a correct extractor spring, combined with an o-ring, is unnecessary?

For the record, I'm not trying to hate on SOLGW. I'd choose them over BCM and Sionics if I had to pick one of those three.
    Perhaps I have missed something, but my reading of the SOL BCG specs does not mention the O-ring. Non of my SOL BCG's have the O-ring. Interesting enough the BCM spec mentions the O-ring, however, non of my BCM BCG's have the O-ring. Lastly, the BCM extractor upgrade does have the O-ring, but the text mentions that it is probably not needed. My understanding is that the O-ring is not needed so long as the proper extractor spring is used.

Cheers, Steve

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast