Thread: Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 Short Wave Radio Opinions And Other Reccomendations

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Kaito Voyager Pro KA600 Short Wave Radio Opinions And Other Reccomendations

Never had a short wave before but these days they have numerous power options and seem reasonably priced. With that does anyone have any experience with one of these, or perhaps have a better recommendation for the money?

https://www.amazon.com/Kaito-Voyager...ds=kaito+ka600

Any and all help appreciated.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very interested here as well. I've used the Midland weather radios, but have not taken the plunge on a shortwave yet.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Calling Outlander...... Time to go to work.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    LOL!

I'm not familiar with the Kaito unit, but for shortwave/HF monitoring the go-to radio is the CountyComm GP-series.

https://countycomm.com/collections/r...-purpose-radio

@Safetyhit, my experience has been that do-it-all type solutions tend to suck equally at everything.

If you could list your priorities in terms of receiving radio communications, I would happily give a gear recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Calling Outlander...... Time to go to work.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    @Safetyhit, my experience has been that do-it-all type solutions tend to suck equally at everything.

If you could list your priorities in terms of receiving radio communications, I would happily give a gear recommendation.

I did suspect something of the sort could be possible with the Kaito, as while they seem to get good initial reviews durability could be a factor if nothing else and I'm willing to spend a buck on one at least. Checked the one you suggested, looks good and will consider it for sure since I remember this being your specialty of sorts.

As far as what I'm looking for, probably like many not so much concerned about something like a flashlight as much as good, effective reception ideally along with with multiple power options (solar, crank, batteries, wall adapter) and a usb charging port. The one I am looking at has all of the latter, but how good the reception is will be is suspect based on the reviews at least. Would also probably spend the extra $10 on this antenna as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Kaito-T-1-Rad...7Z7R9WE7VH5HV1

Edit: This seems to be a pretty thorough review. For short wave the extra antenna sounds like a must but other than that seems ok for the money. Will keep looking a bit more before deciding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7fQP47uUPg
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 09-12-17 at 14:26.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 01-20-18 at 10:02.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe