Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review: Ameriglo BOLD and FBI Glock Sights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great write up... those FBI sights are right up my alley.

I have Ameriglo Spartan Operators on one of my EDCs and love them, but always wanted to try a U-notch rear. I left my main EDC alone and got some Trijicon HDs to try on my winter carry gun last year, and I liked the high-speed visibility of the HDs, but the back ledge of the rear sight was constantly cutting into my side and tearing up my shirts. I attributed the speed of the HDs solely to the U-notch but was tired of getting gouged by them, so I sold them and picked up some Ameriglo "UC" sights for half the price with the serrated U-notch rear that has no tritium and has no sharp ledges. I like the UCs well enough to keep them, but I am not 100% satisfied. I still seem to be faster with my Spartan Operators than the UCs, and definitely do not pick up the front sight as fast as I did with the HDs. I thought I'd like the lower profile of the Ameriglos better, but I think the extra height of the HDs is actually part of what made them faster and more functional to me. In hindsight, I should have probably just filed the sharp angles off the HDs and kept them, because I liked them better than the UCs. However, I want to try the new(er) HD XRs and these FBI sights now... but I'm out of pistols to put them on. The only solution is to buy more guns.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 09-14-17 at 10:51.

Feedback Score
    I went with the TruGlow TFX Pro, Tritium-Fiber Optics for my first ever glock. I may put these on all of my HGs.. At night, well they are night sights. In the day time, the fiber optic combination with the orange dot front sight really stand out. I'm an old guy now, so the brighter sights really pop. It helps.

Last edited by Det-Sog; 09-14-17 at 11:09. Reason: spelling, what else...
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    Great write up... those FBI sights are right up my alley.

I have Ameriglo Spartan Operators on one of my EDCs and love them, but always wanted to try a U-notch rear. I left my main EDC alone and got some Trijicon HDs to try on my winter carry gun last year, and I liked the high-speed visibility of the HDs, but the back ledge of the rear sight was constantly cutting into my side and tearing up my shirts. I attributed the speed of the HDs solely to the U-notch but was tired of getting gouged by them, so I sold them and picked up some Ameriglo "UC" sights for half the price with the serrated U-notch rear that has no tritium and has no sharp ledges. I like the UCs well enough to keep them, but I am not 100% satisfied. I still seem to be faster with my Spartan Operators than the UCs, and definitely do not pick up the front sight as fast as I did with the HDs. I thought I'd like the lower profile of the Ameriglos better, but I think the extra height of the HDs is actually part of what made them faster and more functional to me. In hindsight, I should have probably just filed the sharp angles off the HDs and kept them, because I liked them better than the UCs. However, I want to try the new(er) HD XRs and these FBI sights now... but I'm out of pistols to put them on. The only solution is to buy more guns.
    I have the UC's for a 43.

Good to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12