Thread: Selling a SBR To Somebody Else

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Selling a SBR To Somebody Else

I purchased a brand new Daniel Defense SBR a few months ago from a dealer in South Dakota who in turn mailed it to my FFL dealer. I've changed my mind about keeping it and now would like to sell it. I have not paid for my tax stamp, etc. Must I take legal possession of it and put it on my trust before I can sell it, or can I sell it, keep it at my dealer, and then have him transfer it to the FFL of the person who buys it from me?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I would talk first to your FFL about what he’s willing to do. I don’t see why he can’t simply form 3 it elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VALG17 View Post
    I purchased a brand new Daniel Defense SBR a few months ago from a dealer in South Dakota who in turn mailed it to my FFL dealer. I've changed my mind about keeping it and now would like to sell it. I have not paid for my tax stamp, etc. Must I take legal possession of it and put it on my trust before I can sell it, or can I sell it, keep it at my dealer, and then have him transfer it to the FFL of the person who buys it from me?

Thanks.
    You can sell it while it is on F3 at your dealer. This will save a lot of money. Check with your dealer.

Feedback Score
    1. Talk to dealer
    2. It's on a form 3 so I can go to another FFL and another buyer without paying the $200 transfer tax.
    4. Now is the time to do this as it will save you the $200 to transfer it to you trust and the $200 to transfer it back from your trust to a dealer. Other words you will be $400 ahead of game if you sell it down

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP, you should sell while it’s at your dealer and can transfer out to another SOT tax-free via f3. That said the AR market is soft. Unless you’re passing on a smoking deal, you may find it hard to sell. Unless you’re in dire need of the cash, you may want to just keep it.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 12-19-17 at 18:56.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT