Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Think Geissele will ever make a 10.5" Mk14 rail (for 11.5 SBR's)?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrx View Post
    It clears my Griffin Recce 7
    How do you like it? It looks like it might be perfect for my needs.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    How do you like it? It looks like it might be perfect for my needs.
    I like it, works well for me and meets my needs just fine. I got the chainsaw version from primary arms on sale ( http://www.primaryarms.com/nv05001119 )

IMG_7219 by fredbyers01, on Flickr
    Last edited by slowrx; 09-16-17 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I grabbed a 10" MK1 a while back before they all disappeared. I spoke to one of the inside guys at Geissele several times to convince them to restart the 10" version in the updated MK4 or MK8 and was told that they weren't big sellers. I specifically mentioned them for the 11.5" crowd, but was told that they will just buy the 9.75".

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I grabbed a 10" MK1 a while back before they all disappeared. I spoke to one of the inside guys at Geissele several times to convince them to restart the 10" version in the updated MK4 or MK8 and was told that they weren't big sellers. I specifically mentioned them for the 11.5" crowd, but was told that they will just buy the 9.75".
    I'm greedy- 10" isn't long enough for me, I need a 10.5 or 10.75... SIZE MATTERS.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    I'm greedy- 10" isn't long enough for me, I need a 10.5 or 10.75... SIZE MATTERS.
    Agreed. One of my favorite attributes of an 11.5 other than the reliability and velocity increase is the extra 1 in of rail space. I'll say it again, I have found no other rail I like better than my Hodge defense 10.75in rails. They are dense, solid, rigid as hell, an awesome lock up system and barrel nut. They also fit perfectly with a surefire rc2. The only other rail I that i like for my 11.5in guns is the centurion mlok that came on my sionics rgp 11.5. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. Really light and comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Has anyone noticed the American defense Mlok rail? It's a clamp style rail, which we know isn't as rigid, but it has a 2" barrel nut. Barrel nut appears to be cut so that a cross bolt will keep the rail from slipping. Also has a noveske/Hodge type anti-rotation piece.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha450 View Post
    Has anyone noticed the American defense Mlok rail? It's a clamp style rail, which we know isn't as rigid, but it has a 2" barrel nut. Barrel nut appears to be cut so that a cross bolt will keep the rail from slipping. Also has a noveske/Hodge type anti-rotation piece.
    Looks like they also have another one designed specifically for rail mounted sighting devices. Also 10.75". Good find!

The M-Lok version is not as heavy as Hodge either at only 10.5oz. The "low light" rail is 16oz, which is pretty heavy by modern standards.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post

Who are they selling 7" rails to?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    300 blackout pdws is my guess

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    300 blackout pdws is my guess

Or just standard carbine length gas system rifles with FSB.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast