Thread: New Product Announcement: Scope Modularity w/ the M-Zero Scope Mount

Feedback Score

Cool New Product Announcement: Scope Modularity w/ the M-Zero Scope Mount

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Luke Yost and I'm a team member at Mod Zero. We asked "How can you swap scopes between rifles without having to change the scope's zero." We were done rezeroing scopes to different rifles, managing DOPE cards and having to buy dedicates optics for every new rifle. After two years of prototyping, testing and more, we are excite to announce our new approach to zeroing rifles with the M-Zero Scope Mount.

LAC_5148.jpg

product rotate 1.153.jpg

Our windage and elevation adjustable picatinny scope mount reverses the zeroing process by zeroing the rifle to the scope, storing the proprietary zero of the rifle in the rifle. After zeroing each scope and rifle in your collection to a common zero once, you may swap freely without having to worry about your zero. Simply set and forget.
    On top of that, we've built in an awesome modular ballistic dial to the elevation dial of your rifle. You can customize this dial for range adjustment, ammunition loads, barrel swaps, and suppressor use.

Link to preorder and more information with visuals(save $125 off MSRP): https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...eroing-process

Link to Garand Thumb’s Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPUb7RDDPwo

FAQ's:

How do you setup a Common Zero?
    Example with 2 rifles, 2 optics and 1 M-Zero Mount. Start by zeroing both scopes at the same distance on rifle 1. Then mount the M-Zero to rifle 2. Next take either optic and attach it to the M-Zero. Zero your M-Zero Mount. Now you can swap either scope between either rifle without having to rezero.
    How it Works 4 (2).jpg

How does this affect Return to Zero (RTZ)?
    We haven’t changed anything about the Picatinny Rail’s ability to RTZ. We have however held a tighter tolerance within the Pic spec to make it easy to use QD mounts between different rifles. So we can use ADM or Eotech style mounts without having to retighten the latch for each rifle.

Does it hold zero?
    Yes. We’ve put about 1k rounds through a 308 bolt gun with the M-Zero Scope mount attaching and detaching a scope on and off with no significant zero shift (>.1 MOA). Parameters: RPR 308, Vortex 6-24x with Bobro, 100 yds to 300yds.

Added height?

Our mount adds 0.6” in height. At this height, most shooters won’t have any difficulty maintaining a comfortable cheekweld. If you have a smaller facial structure, you may prefer to use a cheek riser or lower mounts for your scope. There are mounts currently available (even QD) that maintain lower 1/3 or even almost co-witness with our mount.

Added weight?
    0.45 lbs.

How does this work with BUIS?

BUIS was a big question from the start. We determined the most effective approach was simply to mount your current rear iron sight in front of the M-Zero Scope Mount. This can be done on the handguard or on the receiver by running the M-Zero two slots back. Our mount sits low enough that the line of sight is uninhibited. Yes there is a slight decrease in sight radius. Remember that any of your scopes are now back ups, so mid match or class you can swap to another scope. In the case of force on force, the rear sight is actually closer to the support hand and easier to deploy. We are working on a purpose built rear sight, but that is mostly dependent on interest. We already found one off the shelf rear sight that might work.

Where is it made?
    USA.

Will you ship internationally?
    Yep! Cleared by ITAR.

When can I order this as a rail integral to the upper?
    6-12 months depending on success of Indiegogo. We need to prove the market with a reverse compatible product. The upper also has some more intricate mechanical considerations we are working on.

What is the caliber rating?
    We have simulated up to about 338 WM without issue. We have performed live fire testing on 308 family rifles without issues either. Testing on high caliber rifles will occur on our first articles from final manufacturing. Our current limitations are mainly due to equipment access and ammo budgets.

Who is Mod Zero?
    Mod Zero is the company that’s bringing complete modularity in sighting systems to rifles. We are a team of young talented people that envision a future where when a scope breaks, it can be immediately swapped with any scope. A future where you can go into any gun shop, buy a scope and rifle and be ready to go. A future where the zero is a painless secondary thought while squeezing the trigger.

Why are you crowdfunding on Indiegogo?

We have completed product design and testing to feel confident in going to our first production run. However we lack the machines and funds to do our first production run. By preordering your M-Zero or choosing another perk to support us, you are helping us outsource our first production run.

When will I receive my preorder?

We are currently projecting shipping in January.

Some Usage Cases:
    - Reduce $$$$ sunk into duplicate optics, put that money into more guns, ammo, training etc.
    - Share optic between primary rifle and training rifle.
    - Multi-Cal platforms such as MCX, ACR (joke), Tavor, etc.
    - Increased range adjustment capabilities for both red dot users and ELR shooters
    - Store zeroes for training ammo and match ammo, or suppressed/unsuppressed.
    - Align alternative aiming devices for rifles and target designation equipment.

Giveaways: Like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram or subscribe to our mail list on our sight to be entered into a free mount giveaway every 250 emails, likes or follows.

I'm sure I've missed a question or spec somewhere along the way. If I missed something please feel free to reply or email me at luke.yost@modzerodefense.com for the fastest response.

Site: https://www.modzerodefense.com/

*I am new to this forum as a member and wanted to first make sure that no membership is required to post a product announcement. I didn't see any rules against it like with other sites. If I am in violation, I apologize and will delete the thread.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Contact the mods to see how they want you to handle this
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow. I literally brainstormed this exact idea...no joke. Not that anything would have came of it like all the rest of my ideas, but it is cool to see that someone was on the same track as I was at some point and actually produced a product. Looks promising and I hope it all works out!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Contact the mods to see how they want you to handle this
    Ok. Just sent out a message to "staff" and "mod." I couldn't find a moderator directory in my quick look. If there is one please pm me the link or list. Thanks MistWolf.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Wow. I literally brainstormed this exact idea...no joke. Not that anything would have came of it like all the rest of my ideas, but it is cool to see that someone was on the same track as I was at some point and actually produced a product. Looks promising and I hope it all works out!
    Thanks sir. Great minds think-a-like

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Zero View Post
    Ok. Just sent out a message to "staff" and "mod." I couldn't find a moderator directory in my quick look. If there is one please pm me the link or list. Thanks MistWolf.
    If you back out to the Optics & Mounts forum and scroll all the way to the bottom, they have a list of mods there. You should be able to pick a name and click on it
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American