Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The AR of AR's My Go-To Rifle

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hello JW /Robert,

Thanks for the explanation, that makes perfect sense. I had originally associated the off-set mount for rails that didn't have slots at the upper 45 degree. But seems they are also a good choice to ensure you have room.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Great build! I have an AFAB on my AR and love it-- everyone who shoots it is surprised on how flat-shooting it is. Does a fantastic job a minimizing rise without being too obnoxious like a full-on brake.
    It is definitely a gem of a MD. I am surprised at two things. 1) that it compensates AND is a pretty good FH all in one package. And 2)That I don't see more of them on builds.

Maybe I'll do a comparison between the AFAB and the Smith Vortex, which is maybe the gold standard on flash hiding and compare it to my Lantac Dragon that I am still very very fond of. For flash hiding capability, just to see where they stand.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Was not aware of that actually... a large part of my decision was that on one test I saw the AFAB had indicated somewhat better flash-reduction than its more expensive relative, plus it's what was already on hand as a not-yet-installed part on my rifle. Technically I could probably trade MD's and just stick the A2 under my BFD, but I was thinking the more even distribution of blast might put less wear on the blast shield.

If I were the one signing the checks I'd have moved us down there long ago. Unfortunately, when career and earnings are hamstrung by having aging and semi-invalid relatives to take care of from an early age (and doubly when you're down to THREE living relatives on your side of The River)...
    I hear you. I started out using birdcages, the a friend sold me a spare Lantac Dragon on the cheap and I've not use an A2 FH since. Several of my AR's have suppressor ready mounts, hut once I get my suppressor and nail down where it will see most of its duty, I will likely pick up more AFABs.

Bro I hear you about family. I too have a mighty short Christmas card list on my side of the family. Mighty short. However I don't have the family health needs that keep me tied geographically. God bless you man, you're a good guy doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Great rifle with purpose. Well done.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123