Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me choose a new CCW pistol!

Feedback Score

Help me choose a new CCW pistol!

I'm looking to add a new CCW pistol to my rotation (along side a Cajun CZ P-01). My Cajun CZ PCR is getting retired as I'm moving to lights on all CCWs after some recent events (will probably sell it on the exchange, PM me if you want to get in early). The requirements are as follows:

1.) Must be able to have the slide milled for an RMR and irons. Irons must be behind the RMR, helps me pick up the dot.

2.) Must be able to attach a light of some variety (even small ones like the Viridian CTL, Olight PL-1 II Mini, Crimson Trace Rail Master, Surefire XC-1, or Streamlight TLR-3, or feel free to suggest more small quality lights) to the pistol.

3.) Must chambered in 9mm, and be able to handle my CCW load of choice the 127gr Winchester Ranger T +p+. The barrel must be 3in+ as well.

4.) Must be $1500 or less for the pistol alone (sorry Ed Brown fans).

5.) Must be at least a semi-compact, not much larger than a CZ P-01 max. Will be carried AIWB roughly 70% of the time, IWB, OWB, and belly band will also happen with some frequency depending on daily work/dress needs, and that is the ideal size.

6.) I'm a bit of a trigger snob on pistols, so basically whichever I end up getting will be sent off to get trigger work done (probably when the slide is milled). The focus is on getting rounds on target as fast and accurately as possible.

With those requirements, I've compiled a list of pistols that seem to fit the bill (I think, not 100% on all of them) as well as some basic information on them. I've gone out of my way to handle and shoot most of them. I've compiled them into a spreadsheet here: https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/publishe...079d92034f393c for convenience. Before commenting you should really check it out, but I'll give a quick list below to make referencing easier:

• CZ P1-10 C
    • CZ P-07
    • Grand Power P1
    • Kriss Sphinx SDP Compact Alpha
    • Walther PPQ M2
    • Glock 19 Gen 5
    • Canik TP9SF Elite
    • S&W M&P 2.0 Compact
    • S&W M&P9c
    • SIG P229 Legion
    • Springfield Armory XD(M) Compact
    • H&K P30 V0 or V3
    • H&K P30SK
    • H&K P2000SK
    • H&K VP9SK
    • Ruger American Pistol Compact
    • Beretta Px4 Storm Compact Carry
    • Steyr S9-A1
    • Prime Group/Arsenal/Salient Stryk-B
    • Rex Zero 1 Compact
    • SiCo Maxim 9 (not small, but I'd still be interested in trying to carry it)
    • Rock Island Armory TAC Ultra CS 9mm

We really are living in the golden age of firearms, there are just so many good choices! So, sell me on one. Which should I get and why? All comments are welcome, including updating the spreadsheet, and making other suggestions.

P.S. before you comment, yes the P320 compact and FNS/FNX C both qualify. I just don't really like either enough to buy and carry one.

Update on Page 4
    Last edited by Potss; 10-13-17 at 08:40. Reason: UPDATE

Feedback Score
    Since you already have the p-01 (my favorite carry gun at the moment) the obvious answer on your list is the 2.0 compact.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    I would probably say go with the Canik or glock 19, or cz10

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Same sidearm, same place, everyday.

Feedback Score
    If you like the SA/DA, why not go with a Cajun P07?

Most are good choices. I will say my daughter has a Xdm 3.8C and it does not get the love it deserves, It has been a great gun and 12+1 rounds Compact and 19+1 rounds when the large mag is in...Personally, i carry a G19 or a Shield. P10 seems like a good gun but new...PPQ is solid if you want a gun that size...trigger too light for me. HK's always a great choice as is Styer...as is FN.

You are right when you say lots of good options!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RND View Post
    Same sidearm, same place, everyday.
    This, get another P01.

2nd choice g19.

The gun will be accurate. It's all about getting a holster and skill.
    G19 has the best aftermarket.

Maybe a g43 or shield for days the p01 won't hide.
    I secretly want to mill my shield slide for an rds and get a threaded barrel and light.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-14-17 at 20:17.

Feedback Score
    Sig P229 Legion with http://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Glock 19 all day every day even in your sleep.

Get a bunch of mags.

Get a crate of ammo.

And shoot that sucker till your hands pucker

Feedback Score
    Decisions,decisions....you have listed almost every quality pistol there is....personal bias in no particular order:Glock 19 w RMR, Walther PPQ, HK VP-9, CZ P07, Sig p320.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Ready to go out of the box is great, but since you obviously have the desire to modify at least the parts listed, I'd recommend G19.5. I'm in the same boat and was really leaning toward P-10C, but that aftermarket support is crazy for Glock and I am very picky about finding something that works just the way I want it, which means I need lots of aftermarket options. Plus since the Glock isn't a vastly new design, its fairly proven and backwards compatible with a lot of old shit like holsters and sights. Second would be M&P9C 2.0, for the same reasons, I just expect that the Glock will have better aftermarket support, knowledge base, larger number of other users, etc that is all good stuff.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast