Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose a new CCW pistol!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Incredibly well done Potss. Way to get out there, spend the money, and put the work in figuring out what works best for YOU. Myself and so many others on here always advocate for renting before you buy to save yourself money in the long run, and disappointment.

On the HK's you tested I agree with most of what you are saying. Although I prefer the USP trigger to the P30 series triggers myself. I had the reset shortened on my P30L and that took a major gripe out of it for me. The DA is still too long for my tastes, but I'm intent on mastering it. I prefer the paddle releases as well, like others have said here.

I'm terrible at wanting other handguns then the ones I have though. It's really bad. but when I load up for the range it's me taking my Glocks 100% of the time because of the time and rounds I have into them. There's something to be said about that comfort factor.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I agree with both of you that the H&Ks are more about me than the gun itself. As you say, you cannot know till you try! I was hesitant to spend so much on renting but it really pays dividends, I'd never buy a handgun without it now (which is unfortunate for cool things like the Stryk-b that I probably won't ever find around me).

I also forgot to add that this isn't an apples to apples comparison on the pistols either, cause they were sample sizes of 1 AND in different condition. The kimber for example was a range gun with god knows how many rounds through it. While the Colt and XDM were friend/family guns that were much newer with fewer rounds through them. Same with the P30, so it probably wasn't smoothed in yet. Still wouldn't make it my first choice though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    G26

I've owned many pistols over the years, and from a functional standpoint if you are going to conceal it. The G26 is probably the best all around.

I really don't understand why you would put a red dot on a ccw, but to each their own i guess.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Glock 19 or P30. End of story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Glock 19 or P30. End of story.

Feedback Score
    Potss, I’ve really enjoyed this thread. It’s refreshing to hear some positive remarks regarding the XDm C 3.8 9MM. I bought one for my daughter several years ago prior to a week long class we took at Gunsite and that pistol has performed flawlessly with any ammo it’s fed. 12+1 matches the G26 capacity while the extended mag provides 19+1 capacity for home use. If I weren’t so invested in Glock’s I’d probably buy another couple 9’s and a .45

Next 9 I’m buying personally will be a P07 which I plan to send off to CGW. If it turns out well, a P01 or 75C won’t be far behind. Good luck,

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Try a Sig P220 carry single action only.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You have about every decent carry pistol on your list, I hope you find what your looking for. I have been on this journey myself many times with the items I buy.

I'm the odd ball here I suppose, while I do like the 19 size, I just can't hide it without a jacket. I went through quite a few guns trying to find the perfect carry pistol. So far the best for me has been the M&P 9c, I can hide it in just about anything I wear. 13 rounds on tap and 17 for back up if I need it. The trigger may never be as good as a glock, but I can shoot it as good as any small framed pistol I've ever shot and it's been stupid reliable. I'm fixing to take the leap and have it milled for an RMR, that may kill it for me, LOL, but we will see.

Feedback Score
    For me it is really easy to conceal up to about commander 1911 size. AIWB 12-2 and it just melts away, even in a T-shirt and shorts. Comfortable to sit too. I chalk that up mostly to the excellent JM Custom Kydex holster and Beltman Belt.

Glad folks like reading through this, it has been a lot of fun to shoot so many different guns back to back. I have to keep remembering to take notes before I go through all the ammo I bring with me haha.

I really do like the XDM option, it is much cheaper to get than a 1911, much cheaper to mill the slide for an RMR than the 1911, much cheaper to get trigger work done than the 1911, and has more capacity in a smaller size of course. Not to mention if I get the .40 XDM, I can convert it to 9mm and .357 SIG, so three calibers in one.
    ....but the XDM isn't quite as accurate or fast for me as the 1911s have been. It is a really tough decision.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potss View Post
    I chalk that up mostly to the excellent JM Custom Kydex holster and Beltman Belt.

Hey, thanks for that! Oh, did I mention I have been looking for a new RMR cut holster........

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast