Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone ever (or still do) set up their rifle with dual lights?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If the weight/bulk doesn't bother you, there isn't a reason not to otherwise. If weight matters, I'm good with a single quality light. For HD gun, 2 lights is not bad.

For bump in the night, a backup light is great as you can't shoot into the dark if your primary/only light isn't working. I had a very reliable TLR1 that was packed in a case with the lever moved to the ON position.

When I tried to use it that evening, my light was no go. I realized remembering that the lever was tilted when I took it out earlier in the day. So I pulled the 2 spare batts out of my grip and changed out the batts and was good to go... 2-3 minutes later.

I prefer the non levered lights/rear pressure recessed buttons more for WML now due to that experience.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Talking about lights, have any of you looked into the Surefire M600IB? If not, check it out. I have one and it works just the way they say it will. Just enough light up close and more light the further out you go. The photo sensor does a great job at regulating the light.

http://www.surefire.com/m600ib-z68-bk-scout-light.html

Had no idea these existed...

Damnit... So much for my paycheck on Wednesday....

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LookAtYourself View Post
    I just ordered a larue lt607 and will use it to mount dual lights on my newest build. Was wondering if anyone has ever or still do run a dual light setup on their carbines and your thoughts on it...whether you think it's retarded or redundant or a great idea. Post pics if you got'em.
    Aside from IR/White light, the only time I've seen multiple weapon lights are on those videos/pics with an outlandish number of attachments. Although probably frowned upon, I have a light made my PowerTac that has a rubber/silicone button on the tailcap that allows me to set lumens. So from "firefly" mode which has 2 weeks of battery life, to 890 lumens, which lasts 1.5 hours or so. The way I have the light mounted, I can reach with my thumb to switch. It has intelligence so it can remember the previous setting. I would much rather go that route, if I needed lumen power options, than I would run another whole light set.

Quote Originally Posted by js8588 View Post
    I mean, this is a thing... https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProdu...20Hand%20Guard

It's not my thing but my fiancee wants one for a shark-themed AR build (whatever gets someone in the hobby, I'm fine with it).
    I'm still trying to figure out how you weaponize a rail. Their words, not mine. I was expecting to see a switch that rotated a suppressed 9mm barrel out of the PFM hand guard but alas....no joy. On a serious side, if I can have one with this accessory is their use of proprietary lights. CREE LEDs are excellent and industry standard, but I would wonder how it's all implemented inside the tube
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123